How to remove Contacts from Message+ app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I gave the wife my old Galaxy S8, and switched her from Verizon over to Red Pocket. I did not do a factory reset on the phone and have removed my email accounts, samsung account, and google account. I removed over 200 contacts on the device itself, while keeping about 60. She would like to keep using the Verizon Message+ app, and it is working fine. However, when she clicks to 'write' a message, then opens up the contact listing in there, it still shows all 260 contacts there. I've tried looking for a Sync, uninstalling and reinstalling (which apparently can only be done by "uninstall updates". I can't remember how, or if, these were synced (via Google, Samsung, or Verizon), which is why I thought removing all of those accounts would force a re-sycning of contacts with the device contacts listing....same with the uninstall.
I tried going to vzw communities, etc but appears I can't get help there anymore, even though I can still log in.
Any thoughts on this?

Thx,
Chet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts​ and see if there's a Verizon account there. If so, select it and turn off Contacts sync there.

cpizzull

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replies so far. I've looked so many places and tried so many things and still no further. I've looked for 'Contacts Sync' and there is nothing. I have no Verizon account that I can find on the phone. All I have is a brand new samsung account and brand new google/gmail account. I also can't find a way to totally remove the Verizon Message+ from the phone. It appears the best you can do is 'disable' it. This is truly mind boggling that the long list of contacts just stays there, no matter how many times I delete the account tied to the app, or uninstall updates, etc. I would think I could at least do a 'new' sync and it would overwrite based off of the phone's contact listing. Any other thoughts besides factory reset the phone or not using the app?