how to restore images deleted by es file explorer?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hello everyone
i have es file explorer on my phone and i moved some images to folder .estrongs/.image and after a while i saw that those images vanished !!!
can i restore them or not?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the image files actually gone from the directory, or are you just unable to see the images in the Gallery app. Any directory name that starts with a period is intended to be a hidden directory, so there's also a good possibility that an image file in that directory won't show up in the Gallery (due to a ".nomedia" file being present in that directory).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I just checked in my .estrongs/.image folder and I have images in there going back to March (the first time I used ES to delete files after the last time I cleaned the folders out), so the chances are that they're still in there. But they won't show in Photos or Gallery because, as B.Diddy said, the folders are hidden. Copy them to some folder under DCIM (you can create a new one if you like) then restart the phone and they should show up. (Copying files doesn't put them in the database that media apps use.)