How to revert my micro sd card to external storage again

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hi, i formatted my micro sd card to being an internal storage, my phone's storage was 64gb, but now that i did that it only shows 32gb (micro sd card size). How can i revert it?

m4nuwu

Jun 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi! It's me. My phone is a POCO X3 NFC, i tried to take a screenshot but it says that i don't have enough space to take screenshots, but also it says that i have 22.9/32gb occupied.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't see anything in that menu that references your SD card? What if you tap the Menu button there -- any options to manage the SD card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say what's going on, but probably some glitch with Adoptable Storage. We generally recommend against formatting SD cards as internal storage, because that relies on the integrity of the SD card (which tend to be less reliable then onboard memory, thus increasing the risk of system crashes if/when the card fails or becomes corrupt). In addition, there's always the risk of counterfeit cards, which claim to be larger than they actually are (and when they become full, they crash when the system tries to save more data to them.

You may just have to do a factory reset. I would normally suggest wiping the system cache partition, but I don't think that phone has the option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz