How to stop the nanny phone?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
How do I stop my phone from warning me not to listen to things too loud when I turn the volume up? There is enough of a nanny state with the government. I don't need my phone joining in.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Its one of the dumbest things on the phone. I have to turn the volume up so I can hear it better over the BT in my car.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The EU requires the warning and I assume that Google will continue to make one version of Android that has the warning rather than make a special version for the EU that manufacturers have to remember to use when they sell a phone there. It's part of Android OS, nothing that you can turn off, but it only warns you once until you power the phone off again.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I hadn't realized that it was only once/power on. I never knew when it was going to pop up so that helps at least. Still stupid. Usually Europe is much more Laissez-faire with things. They have super cool bright LED lights over there that the US requires manufacturers to tone down.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's really annoying. I have this issue when my screen is off and I start pumping the volume button. It'll just stop going up because the pop up comes up but the screen is off so you don't even know until you turn it on. Really should have been an option to disable.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What are you talking about? We are not to be trusted with things such as volume on our own phones!!! Android is saving our hearing one ear at a time

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
What are you talking about? We are not to be trusted with things such as volume on our own phones!!! Android is saving our hearing one ear at a time
I doubt the Google and the manufacturers are concerned about our hearing. The warning is there for the same reasons cups of coffee have warning labels "Caution: Contents is Hot." Not sure which is more ridiculous. Their concern is lawsuits. If you play music loud or hold hot coffee between your legs you deserve whatever damage is done to your body.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sausage