How to stop Wallpaper Carousel popup

Wiganken

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T
Platform: MIUI Global 12.5.5 Stable
Android 11 RKQ1.201004.002
Android security update 2022.05.01

There is an icon at bottom left corner of the lock screen. It looks like a tulip flower (See photo 1) and the slightest accidental swipe right on it causes the Wallpaper Carousel popup (Photo 2) to launch. I have to tap on ‘Don’t agree’ each time it happens. Even being careful how I handle the phone it is very difficult to avoid sometimes. I’m sure Xiaomi have designed it that way and it may be built-into the OS but: -

Is there any way to remove the Tulip icon from the Lock screen?

Lockscreen Tulip.jpg

Wallpaper Carousel Popup.jpg

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Not familiar, but have you tried using the search bar in settings? Search for lock screen or other similar searches and all the related settings should come up.

Wiganken

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Thank you. Yes, I have tried various Wallpaper Carousel (WC) settings: -

1. WC is turned off.
2. Consent withdrawn for WC.
3. 'Discover' is turned off.

None of these remove the icon and, if I accidentaly swipe on the icon whilst handling the phone, even by a small amount I am prompted to turn 'Discover' back on. It seems like a deliberately designed trigger trap similar to push-notifications and very annoying.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. Yes, I have tried various Wallpaper Carousel (WC) settings: -

1. WC is turned off.
2. Consent withdrawn for WC.
3. 'Discover' is turned off.

None of these remove the icon and, if I accidentaly swipe on the icon whilst handling the phone, even by a small amount I am prompted to turn 'Discover' back on. It seems like a deliberately designed trigger trap similar to push-notifications and very annoying.
Many users decided to uninstall the Wallpaper Carousel app to avoid that annoying issue.

Screenshot_20220810-112548_Brave.jpg

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
My Xiaomi has an Amoled screen with an Always On Display so try looking for a setting similar to this without the AOD option :

Always On Display and Lock Screen - Wallpaper Carousel

I can turn off Wallpaper Carousel in the lock screen, though the Lock screen icon remains.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-10-15-58-24-400_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-10-15-58-24-400_com.android.settings.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2022-08-10-15-51-41-715_com.miui.android.fashiongallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-10-15-51-41-715_com.miui.android.fashiongallery.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4

Wiganken

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
@Javier P - Thank you for your photo. It worked. :)

Edited extract from photo that worked: -

MIUI 12.5 allows non-essential System apps to be uninstalled so uninstall ‘Carousel’ app via Settings > Manage apps > Uninstall then select the app and ‘Uninstall’ it. The tulip icon is replaced by a ‘dead’ circle icon that does nothing but allows ‘swipe up to unlock’ function.

I hadn't realised that you can uninstall some system apps so I never even thought about doing it.

Consider this thread solved and thank you again.

Tulip Gone.jpg

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
@Javier P - Thank you for your first photo. It worked. :)

Edited extract from photo that worked: -

MIUI 12.5 allows non-essential System apps to be uninstalled so uninstall ‘Carousel’ app via Settings > Manage apps > Uninstall then select the app and ‘Uninstall’ it. The tulip icon is replaced by a ‘dead’ circle icon that does nothing but allows ‘swipe up to unlock’ function.

Consider this thread solved. Thank you again.

View attachment 347444
Excellent. Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.

JokersDisease

Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
Instructions followed as above and have now gotten rid of the annoying tulip icon. Thanks to all ������

The solution i found was: settings-apps- permissions-other permissions amd then find the carousel tap it and you can set all of his oermisions to "deny"

It stops to show up whem i swipe on my lock screen but i notice that it can't accept the rejection and go on ������ and when you unlock the screen you see in a blink the window of the carousel app to vanish...at least it dosent show up randomly..

Upfate. In my case i found that if i run the cleaner for cache etc this blink when I unlock the screen disappears

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1