how to sync outlook contacts with essential phone contact manager

Richard Zingre1

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
Hey Guys, I just purchases an essential phone and it's a pretty stock version of android. I use Outlook on my PC and prefer to use that as my means for contact management (rather than gmail contacts). I've installed the Android Outlook App and emails/calendar are syncing just fine. My contacts have not sync'd up however. I have a galaxy note and a blackberry KeyOne and haven't had an issue with syncing before. I hope someone smarter than me can point me in the right direction. I've added the MS account info and have tried re-adding it in the Contact manager. I go through the motions but it won't show that I've added the account.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Outlook is its own environment (and always has been). You'll have to find an Outlook Contacts app if you want to do that. Alternatively, you can use Outlook Dialer in a PC to sync your Android contacts. I may have missed it, but I don't think there's an app for the phone that syncs Outlook contacts to the Android Contacts app. (You can do a one-time-sync through a .csv file, but for continuous sync - add, change or delete a contact in one and it changes in the other - you'll have to pick one environment or the other for both the PC and the phone.) About the only reason to use Contacts Sync on a PC, though, is if you're in an Outlook environment - like an office that uses Outlook/Exchange for everyone and everything. At home, it's easier to choose the easiest way.

Richard Zingre1

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
thanks for your reply. I'm pretty entrenched in the PC/Outlook world and the sync works fine on my other two android phones. I've done the .csv route before, but it's best if things sync automatically. I'll stay on it. there must be a way 😀

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, I just purchases an essential phone and it's a pretty stock version of android. I use Outlook on my PC and prefer to use that as my means for contact management (rather than gmail contacts). I've installed the Android Outlook App and emails/calendar are syncing just fine. My contacts have not sync'd up however. I have a galaxy note and a blackberry KeyOne and haven't had an issue with syncing before. I hope someone smarter than me can point me in the right direction. I've added the MS account info and have tried re-adding it in the Contact manager. I go through the motions but it won't show that I've added the account.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
The Oulook app will sync contacts. It's disabled by default. Look under your account and enable it. Then the option to use the contacts will be available in the Google contact app. At least it is on my PH-1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord