How to take apart the Eris

irishpride

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
So I dropped my Eris at the beach and now there is sand in between the digitizer and the LCD and I have no idea how to get to it so I can clean it out. I do not have insurance so I can't just take it back, but the sand is really starting to get annoying. I've had a few HTC's and they were pretty easy to take apart, but I just cannot figure out the Eris. Someone please help!!

PJX

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there's little screws all over the damn place when you remove the back cover... I found no documentation on taking apart the Eris, but I did find a DROID tear-down and a Hero disassemble that could help give you an idea of what to do.

Be careful, when I took off the back cover of my Eris just now to look at what we're dealing with I was a bit pissed that nobody had shown how to take this apart yet. I've modded my PSP and my PS2 pretty heavily, but those didn't cost nearly as much as what would happen if I eff up my Eris...

irishpride

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response, I did try the Hero because I thought they would be similar, but they really aren't. As of this point I've gotten as far as getting all the screws out and removed the body, but there are a few thing connected to the main board and the LCD that I cannot figure out how to separate. It's really frustrating because all the HTC's I've had have been fairly easy to take apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bonnieeugene