How to turn on USB Debugging with BROKEN LCD? |LG G2|

I2obb

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to enable USB debugging but my phones LCD is broken and the touch screen will not work.

Phone: LG G2 Vs980

I am hoping to mirror the phone on to my computer to answer texts and calls! Thanks and help will be much appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can mirror the screen on a TV via HDMI and do that there, but you'd need a bluetooth mouse/keyboard that's already been paired with your device if your screen is unresponsive :(

If your phone is a newer Samsung one, you can use SideSync to mirror the screen on your computer (as long as they're on the same WiFi or via USB) and use the computer's mouse and keyboard as input. However, SideSync must be running on your phone first, so if the touch screen is unresponsive, you could fire it up using Google Now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The way we do it in a shop is to temporarily plug in a working screen, then do what's needed (copy files, turn on USB debugging, etc.)

Heather Stone2

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
And how do you do that? my touch screen is completely unresponsive. i have the program i need for using the phone on the desktop, but it won't connect to my phone unless usb debug is turned on, but not being able to see or control the phone screen, i can't turn it on. do you have instructions on how to do that? samsung s4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
On using a working screen? That's one of those "if you have to ask, you can't do it" things. You have to take the phone apart and you have to have a G2 (or whatever phone you have) screen lying around.

Try just plugging the phone into the computer you always plug it into and copying files from the phone to the computer. (If the phone needs authorization for the computer, and it's been connected to it before, you already authorized that computer.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon