how to uninstall vz navigator

wasaiphone

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to remove vz navigator so I don't click it by accident and get charged $10 without being rooted? Maybe through astro? Thanks

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just root your phone but leave it with the stock rom. then get a program called bloat freeze. It allows you to freeze apps, hides them from the app drawer, and keeps them from running, but does not uninstall them. This way you are still able to run system updates on the phone when they become available. This is what I did and it works great.

wasaiphone

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I found an app called app lock box. It locks the app so someone can't open it without a password. I get to keep my home screens and as far as I know it doesn't run the app if it were tried. Thnaks

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a problem hitting the VZ nav icon by mistake. I also use the google nav a lot and have their icon on my home screen.

JohnOKe

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Go to "manage apps" VZ Nav, and "uninstall updates." That should give you an error. Then when you select VZ Nav again, you'll have the option to "disable."

That should do it!

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
None of these "solutions" really explains how to remove Bloatware from a ROOTED phone. Maybe that seems like too trivial a task to require explanation, but will someone please give me a walkthrough on removing VZ Navigator (for instance) from a rooted phone? I'm still only getting as far as "do you want to return to factory installed version?" message. No I don't want to "return to factory installed version" I want it OFF my phone completely. I want it gone so I can use that filespace for something else.