How to unlock Samsung s7 Edge using voice commands

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After spending a ridiculous amount of time searching for the solution, I am turning to the forums for some assistance. My goal is to be able to wake and unlock my s7 edge using voice commands and bring up the Google Assistant without the phone being plugged in. The only caveat would be to only do this when it is connected to a trusted device, (watch, car radio, etc). I have purchased Tasker and figured I could use it as follows: use S Voice to wake up the phone, kill S Voice, then open the GA.

My phone is not rooted. If this cannot be done without rooting it, I guess I'll skip that solution for now. However, if anyone knows how to do this/has done this, I would definitely appreciate any help you can offer.

Wolverine130

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
My apologies. I posted this from my phone. Even though I created an account, I see it posted it as a guest. Please delete this and I'll post again using as my desktop to make sure I'm logged in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your duplicate threads and cleaned it up a bit, and also moved it from the Oreo forum to the S7 edge forum, since it more likely to be a device-specific issue rather than an Oreo issue. Are you trying to use Google Assistant to unlock the phone, or Samsung's own voice commands?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo