How to unlock screen when receiving call?

JuanMc

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
When I receive a call and the phone is locked, I can answer the call but when it ends I get returned to the lock screen which I understand due to security reasons.
However I'd like to be able to unlock the screen before I answer the call so that once the call ends, I'm still in the call screen or dialpad.
Right now the call screen covers the whole screen while ringing so I can't swipe to enter my pin or pattern.
I want to end the call and stay on the call app, not to be sent to the lock screen.

JuanMc

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
Hi, sorry I forgot to login earlier.
I have a Galaxy A70 running Android 11. I cant find the setting to minimize the call screen if the phone supports the setting unless you are referring to the popup mode at the top of the screen, I can set it to that but in only works if the phone is already unlocked. On the lock screen it switches to full screen regardless of the setting.
The reason I want to unlock the screen prior to answering is that the app I use (ACR Phone) prompts me after the call to keep or discard the call recording but if I get sent to the lock screen when the call ends, It doesn't give a chance to reply to the prompt.
However, If the call comes in when I'm in an app or on the home screen, there's no problem because the phone stays on the call screen after it ends.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

What about unlocking the phone while you're on the call? You should be able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to try going to the homescreen. If the phone is still locked, it should prompt you to unlock the phone, and the call should still be going on during this time. You could always turn on speakerphone briefly while doing this, if you don't want to miss anything the person is saying.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, sorry I forgot to login earlier.
I have a Galaxy A70 running Android 11. I cant find the setting to minimize the call screen if the phone supports the setting unless you are referring to the popup mode at the top of the screen, I can set it to that but in only works if the phone is already unlocked. On the lock screen it switches to full screen regardless of the setting.
The reason I want to unlock the screen prior to answering is that the app I use (ACR Phone) prompts me after the call to keep or discard the call recording but if I get sent to the lock screen when the call ends, It doesn't give a chance to reply to the prompt.
However, If the call comes in when I'm in an app or on the home screen, there's no problem because the phone stays on the call screen after it ends.
You have this option in your phone settings?Screenshot_20220711-022234_Call%20settings.jpg

JuanMc

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
Sorry I missed Didy's post (why am I not getting notifications on new posts?)
thanks yes, that worked, not swiping though (the call screen is in the way) but the home button takes me to the lock screen and from there I can unlock and carry on the call normally

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I missed Didy's post (why am I not getting notifications on new posts?)
thanks yes, that worked, not swiping though (the call screen is in the way) but the home button takes me to the lock screen and from there I can unlock and carry on the call normally

Ok, glad that works for you!

In terms of notifications, are you using the AC Forums app, or the forum website on a browser?

JuanMc

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
Ok, glad that works for you!

In terms of notifications, are you using the AC Forums app, or the forum website on a browser?

I'm using my PC. Actually this is the first notification I got this morning but none of the others in the thread. I haven't changed any settings. Where do I enable notifications?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Click the gear icon right next to your inbox (the envelope icon), then General Settings. What does it say next to Default Thread Subscription Mode?

If you're using Chrome and are talking about Chrome's website notifications, click the 3-dot menu button to the right of the URL bar, then Settings>Privacy & Security>Site Settings>Notifications, and make sure Android Central is allowed to send notifications there.

JuanMc

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
The setting was "do not subscribe", I changed it to "email and push".
However I have a different problem now. I installed the AC app in my phone and I cannot log in, I checked the email and pwd many times and I know is correct, I tried with my email and also with my username, I even reset my password through the PC. I have no problem logging in the forum in my PC.
What can I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463