How to unmute all contacts at once in the samsung galaxy S9

cscheurer

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
I have just noticed all my contacts in my text messages have the bell with the line through it. I know I can go into each one individually but that is a heck of a lot of work for as many messages I have ( need to keep for work and etc).

It doesn't unmute a new text for some reason all of a sudden all my old texts are muted. Help please

cscheurer

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Ok - Created an account. So, yes - if I unmute them individually they stay unmuted. My concern is that I have sooooooo many texts that for me to go and unmute them all individually it would take awhile. This happened once before and I was able to unmute them all at once but since a couple of upgrades I can't seem to find that functionality any more.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok - Created an account. So, yes - if I unmute them individually they stay unmuted. My concern is that I have sooooooo many texts that for me to go and unmute them all individually it would take awhile. This happened once before and I was able to unmute them all at once but since a couple of upgrades I can't seem to find that functionality any more.
Hi Welcome!
Yeah I'm not seeing that setting either to umute one shot .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of questions spring to mind.

You say contacts, so are the muted messages just from people you know or all of the messages, even one off messages from someone you only talked to once?

What app are you using for these messages?

When it happened before, we're assuming it was the same app, is this correct?

Do new messages come in muted? So they just show up but you do not receive any notification of the message until you check your app?

Have you checked your DND settings? DND can be scheduled and it can filter who may get through... I believe Bixby has some similar functionality so you may want to check it also.

Thinking back to the previous time this happened, what feels right about how you fixed it? You went to a page where all of your contacts were listed and checked or unchecked something that released them all. You went to a page that was more like settings and you checked or unchecked something that felt like an option?

Do phone calls still work? I know this sounds odd but I can't tell you the last time I talked on my phone or to whom so yeah, do calls still work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma