How to update Rooted 4.2.2 to 4.4

LangleyGuy

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

How would I updated my AT&T S4 -i337 MF3 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.??

I have it rooted on 4.2.2. Do I need to install safestrap? How would I go about doing that?

I do not mind losing my root. I have everything backed up as well. The phone is AT&T but it is unlocked and I am on Rogers (Canada).

Any great would be greatly appreciated, I am having issues with my 4.2.2

:'(

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Dude no no no no!!! You want kit kat?? Ok you can unlock your boot loader with the loki doki tool down load clock work mod and get the google play eddition trust me pure 4.4.2 from google

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
And outside of the us and not on at&ts network YOU CANNOT GET THE UPDATE IT IS REGION AND CARRIER LOCKED SO ROMS ARE YOUR ONLY CHOICE WITH AN AT&T BRANDED PHONE OUTSIDE THE US AND IF YOU LOOSE ROOT ALL YOUR BACKUPS ARE USELESS

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If you want to check out a touchwiz rom I suggest deadly venom if your still on 4.2.2 your lucky no safe strap needed thats with the 4.3 and 4.4 boot loaders im going to go to xda and get some links

LangleyGuy

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i think this might be too complicated for me.. I did root my phone a year ago with no issues... How do i check if my boot loaders are unlocked?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My advice for you is to make a nandroid back up save it to your sd card use titanium back up save it to your sd card save everything important to the sd card because to do this your going to wipe your internal storage so pictures music apps text messeges not saved on the external sd card will be erased it will be like when you first got the phone

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Now you can download rom manager from the play store and it will download and flash clock work mod for you but you must use the loki tool to unlock the boot loader

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Also use call log back up and restroe and sms back up and restore set the file path to your ext sd card and your text and call logs will be backed up :)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost make sure your battery is on the charger and at 98%+ So what you need to do after you get your custom recovery and back everything up is to download the rom (extsd card leave nothing on the internal!!!!!) Ok so your backed up good :) now you have your rom good now boot into recovery and find on your sd where you saved the rom flash it it will ask you to factory reset and wipe dalvic cache and cache have all 3 boxes checked so this only wipes your internal (in the event they have an option to wipe your ext sd card dont click that box) then you will just sit back and wait for it to flash boot up and then log into your google play use titanium to restore your apps then call log and sms and boom your on kit kat

kringthology

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
hii ..i just bought a samsung galaxy s4 and im having some problem updating it to 4.4.. im currently using 4.2.2 .. everytime i try to update it .. it always says its already updated.. i really want to move apps to my sdcard.. so i need the update, i hope you can mail me back :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia