How was my home Wi-Fi used to install the HalogenOs on my phone?

Lucas Leach

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
I noticed a spike in Ram usage so I downloaded Fling. When fling finished scanning I found 9 open ports one of them was a samba server. I used AndSMB to see the server and it only had one file and it was empty. I tapped internal storage just to see if anything happened. Well it did my root directory was available to read,write, and execute. I looked around and I found the HalogenOs, Pictures of my son that are password locked, and a script that contacts the *******. I got angry and took a few hours to relax. The list of ports no longer includes the samba server and because of that I can't see the root contents anymore.

I have a feeling my Fiance's Mother started this. I need guidance if anyone is willing to offer it. Thursday I have a day off and I'll use it to file the police report.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can only see the root contents, the contents of the folder /, if the phone is rooted. If your fiance's mother did it, she's very computer literate, since most people have trouble rooting a phone even when they have instructions.

If you copied a picture to another folder and locked it, the original isn't locked.

If you mean Fing, not Fling (Fling is a dating app), it probably opened the samba server itself. Why it allowed you to open the root directory (unless the phone is already rooted) is a mystery.

As Golfdriver said, please post the device make and model if you want any more assistance. We can't guess.

Edit:
I read your other post. It sounds as if someone (you or your ex) had a phone modified by an employer. Unless your current employer requires the current setup on your phone, back up everything you don't want to lose (unless it's synced - like your contacts should be), go to AT&T, ask where the Device Support Center is (it may be in that store, it may be in a nearby one) and ask if they could please reflash your phone. If they ask, explain what's happening. (A newly-flashed ROM won't have anything that anyone else put on the old one.)

As for the other problems, use the PC to connect to the router, change the password (then you'll have to connect again) and make sure that there aren't any "strange" devices connected. (Remember, a Smart TV connects to the router. So do things like Echo, Dot and Chromecast.)

Last edited:

Lucas Leach

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
It's a ZTE Z971 or ZTE Blade Spark

I did say root but it was weird the directory I was in had a root (/) option that appeared empty but I thought system apps had to be in the root to be treated as system apps.

I haven't noticed any strange devices but a routing table full 9f bogon ips was added sometime in the last week. No logs are available at all.

I also realized that when I use Chrome certain pages display a fake redirect.

Any private browser goes right to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flammiferous