how will official ICS update affect unlocked bootloader?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

I also want to know, how will the official ICS update affect the HBOOT downgrade exploit. Will it fix the vulerability? If I suspect that I want full S-off in the future, should I do it now?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The the official version comes out a rooted stock one wi be available shortly after. I would NOT take the ota.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The the official version comes out a rooted stock one wi be available shortly after. I would NOT take the ota.

I wanna know since some of us on hboot 1.5 are getting bootloops on ics Roms are we gonna have the same problem when the stock rooted version comes out?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wanna know since some of us on hboot 1.5 are getting bootloops on ics Roms are we gonna have the same problem when the stock rooted version comes out?

are you s-off? i doubt that it will be the same, the ics roms now are based off a leak for the Virgin Mobile 3d and its not official. there is always bugs in a leak version. we will have a working version when its the OTA update

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
are you s-off? i doubt that it will be the same, the ics roms now are based off a leak for the Virgin Mobile 3d and its not official. there is always bugs in a leak version. we will have a working version when its the OTA update

I get bootloops over and over on ics roms I'm on boot 1.5 and other people on the same boot can somehow run ics roms how come they can on the same,e phone with s on just like me but I and other people can't?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Try wiping everything first. Use a superwipe.zip, then flash the ics rom of your choice. If it still doesnt work. Dirty flash that bad boi

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I was s-on with hboot 1.5, unlocked with the HTC method, and I couldn't get either of the ICS ROMs that I tried (CleanROM and MeanROM) to work without endless boot loops despite super-wiping and everything. The only thing that worked for me was getting s-off using the wire trick (so I'm still on hboot 1.5). I was then able to run MeanROM without ANY wiping/resetting.

I know that the developers say you have to wipe everything before flashing their ROMs, and I don't dispute that one should do that to be sure, but in my experience wiping has never made the difference between failure and success.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramki