How's the Nexus One's Volume???

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I've heard complaints early on about the earpiece, speakerphone, and ringtone volume being very low on the Nexus One, from other forums. How does it seem to you? Many people say it's low, and tinny. Also, how does the volume compare to the Motorola Droid's. I have a Moto Droid now, and the volume is top notch imo.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
More than decent? So do you know what all of the complaints were about? Was it something that was fixed? Or was it something that only affected a hand-few of Nexus One devices?

More than decent, seems OK to me. To someone else it may be low. Personally I don't have a issue with it's volume.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
a little low for me - I miss calls some times.

If the iPhone volume was 100, the Nexus is like 75 (not that the iPhone is great, it's just a reference)

Now if you use the headphones, the volume will blast your ears! BT volume is very good as well. I think it's just weak speaker output on the device itself.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
a little low for me - I miss calls some times.

If the iPhone volume was 100, the Nexus is like 75 (not that the iPhone is great, it's just a reference)

Now if you use the headphones, the volume will blast your ears! BT volume is very good as well. I think it's just weak speaker output on the device itself.

Unfortunately, this is what I've heard a lot of. So low to the point of missing calls? That is just ridiculous. I was thinking about moving from my Droid to the Nexus one for the added software features, faster processor, and thinner design, but this may make me think twice.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is what I've heard a lot of. So low to the point of missing calls? That is just ridiculous. I was thinking about moving from my Droid to the Nexus one for the added software features, faster processor, and thinner design, but this may make me think twice.

Low volume of the ringer? Depends on what ringtone you choose but it's loud...

One thing I am not fond of is the speaker being on the back so when you are listening to music or getting a call it can be muffled a bit. I won't place my phone face down.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Low volume of the ringer? Depends on what ringtone you choose but it's loud...

One thing I am not fond of is the speaker being on the back so when you are listening to music or getting a call it can be muffled a bit. I won't place my phone face down.

good points on both counts. I stick with a low key ring and place the phone face up to protect the glass - so that may be my issue. Plus the volume rocker is easy to bump.

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
My ringtone is very loud - to the point where I have to turn it down when I'm in my house because it will wake my kids up while they're taking naps. Maybe it is just the custom ringtone I have selected, I don't know - but I haven't missed one call due to a quiet ringtone in the time that I've had the phone.