How's your GPS after the update?

meyrick007

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
downloaded the update... it's nice that it came with GOOGLE NAVIGATION but it sucks that my GPS still doesn't work... WTH!?

i wonder if it's because I did the manual fix last week. now when i try to access the LBSTestMode menu it won't let me do it. is there a new passcode to access it again?

do you guys think it overrode the fix i did last week with this update?

the only time the it locks my location is when i turn the wireless mode on which won't help me if i'm outdoors.

comment?

Cavani

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone do a factory reset before installing the update? My GPS seems to be unchanged (6-8 satellites visible, no lock) after the update.

jbrook

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
After initial install I got a lock with 8 satellites. Just tried it again after 6 hours and now I can' get a lock. Makes no sense. I didn't install anything or change anything. Just normal email, mms stuff....

hayesb2

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
No matter how much I try the update my phone always says "Communication Failed" I've tried it via wifi, I've tried it OTA, about every combination of settings imaginable...anybody have any idea?

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
BTW, I did see an improvement, usually when I did lock on (took a long time) the best I would get in Google Maps was 50 meters. I now lock on faster and have about 10 meters.

maskdmirag

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Before the update I never used the gps test app, but still I know I rarely got a gps lock. tried all the various fixes, but got a lock maybe once or twice the first week I had the phone.

I didn't undo the fix settings in lbstest before the update, but then I've been hearing those fixes did nothing.

after the fix I wasn't getting a lock so i downloaded gps test, I see about 2 satellites on average. saw 4 for a brief moment. No lock after 10+ minutes.

Oh well I guess wireless networks will be good enough for the next two years before i upgrade again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware