HOX Poly-body Damage Prone?

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I've read several reviews that say the polycarbonate material used in the body case of the HTC One X is extremely prone to scratches and shows wear from the slightest abrasion. One reviewer said the material (especially the gray colored poly) might as well be a bar of soap because it's that soft and scarred so easily.

Is this true? Can I get some responses from HOX owners on this...true or not?

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for 8 days now and do not notice any scratches. I bought an Otterbox Commuter but have yet to put it in because I'm waiting to get my Invisible Shield HD to come in. It is a finger grease magnet, however.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had my gray HOX since May and have rocked it naked quite a bit and have not one scratch or blemish. I'm sure if you dropped it naked, that would change things, though.

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarity. I just picked up a white marble HOX...and it not only looks sexy, it really feels good in the hand too.

I'm probably going to get a case on it soon enough though.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Since day 1 that i had mine ive had it in a otterbox defender and i popped off the built in screen protector and put on a zagg hd cause it doesnt or barely degrades the screen quaity. And like it says,it does feel like glass. Otterbox defender plus zagg hd,bet protection it can get. The polycarbonate looks nice but i like having a phone with a case cause its easier to hold expecially cause its so thin. So far,one week into having this banggin phone. Have not dropped it,the screen protector has no scratches,and everything is running smoothly.

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My white HOX has been naked since day 1, mid May. No scratches on the body but a few on the screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel