HP printer and Print Service Plug In.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Something I've done has disabled direct printing from my Pixel 5a to our hone HP Laserjet.
It worked for me until I installed the HP Print Service Plug In app. Now if I try to print I see a screen asking for a password. I dug around and found one that maybe it but that didn't work. And asking (forgot your password) for a reply by SMS or Email gets me zip.
I uninstalled the app, tried printing, got nothing. Reinstalled, tried again, still nada. This Pixel does see the Kodak Verite, use that for printing 4x6 pictures only, so wireless printing should work(?).
What am I not doing correctly?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an HP printer and don't have HP Print Service Plugin. My printer is only connected via my WiFi network, and it works.

I'd suggest removing the HP Print Service Plugin.
9e47eb87b9999e7ca9f85f2c735d1720.jpg
e5464d2dfd0b3f6ccf243038a57c3177.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the printer compatible with Google Cloud printing? Maybe thats a way around it as well? I freely admit, I am not well versed in wireless printing, so if i am incorrect, please disregard my post.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Is the printer compatible with Google Cloud printing? Maybe thats a way around it as well? I freely admit, I am not well versed in wireless printing, so if i am incorrect, please disregard my post.
Google Cloud Print was discontinued at least a year ago.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I deleted that HP print app, whatever it was. Then restarted the phone. I tried doing that twice before and still could not print. Third time's the charm? We'll see.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Well I deleted that HP print app, whatever it was. Then restarted the phone. I tried doing that twice before and still could not print. Third time's the charm? We'll see.

Just to confirm, your phone and the printer are both connected to the same local network (Wi-Fi)?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
When you try to print make sure your select the right IP address printer--upper right hand corner I believe. Several times it'll default to something else then I click and see the printer with a different IP address and when I select it, prints normally.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Still not working.
This phone was restarted yesterday and turned off overnight.
I tried printing a downloaded ticket, just now.
First I saw an error message with a cryptic message and "restart the print queue".
Did that.
Printer started, but nothing was printed.
If there's a way to display the printer's IP address i haven't found it so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan