HTC and Sprint just made an iPhone/Verizon customer of me

afilloon

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an Evo4g from Sprint last year in August and just found out my front-facing camera doesn't work (first time I tried it). Since it is more than 90 days out, Sprint told me to call HTC and HTC said that I would have to ship the phone in and it could take up to 2 week to be repaired or replaced.

Nice, who can be without a phone for 2 weeks??? I don't even have a land line anymore.

Well, the short of it is as soon as my contract expires, me and my 4 family lines are going to Verizon and the iPhone.

Great job Sprint and HTC; you've turned an advocate into a detractor.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So you're going to wait a year and a half until your contract is up rather than waiting 2 weeks for the fix? If you haven't used the camera in 7 months why do you care so much now?

Just curious,

dr
Sent from my mobile

Reactions: iamtybaby

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you elected not to get service and repair on your line, I'd probably just spend the $35 at a Sprint service center to get it fixed.

mustangboy88

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow..This is the most ridiculous things I have read. You don't know if it ever worked, but you are just going to assume it didn't because it don't now. Also explain a little more, like are you rooted, if you are what ROM, What app are you trying to use it on? Things like this the community may be able to help you, but coming in here and whining when they offer a repair or fix doesn't give you the benefit when people want to help.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you misunderstood Sprint or they made a mistake because it simply doesn't work that way most of the time. Inside of 30 days, take it in...drop it off...get your money back. After the 30 you're still under warranty for a total of 12 mos. Walk it into a Sprint (factory) store with repairs and let them attempt to fix it. If they can't, you get a replacement phone. No $35, no $100, just a simple replacement. It'll almost certainly be a refurb but it remains under your initial 12 month warranty coverage. If you don't live near a Sprint store, call them and tell them of the problem and ask to have your call escalated. They will send you a replacement phone (refurb) and you send your broken one in. Simple as that. I've seen both methods used within the past week. My wife's Evo was outside of 30, but within warranty and had the loose USB issue. They looked at it, said it wasn't repairable and walked out with an in-box refurb. 20 minutes later...out the door. One of my co-workers was on vacation and called Sprint with an issue. They sent him a replacement at his vacation address.

Not sure why it was your day to hear bullsh!t, but it's not the way it works.

bj

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You don't have insurance on your phone? Cause you can take it in to Sprint and they will repair or replace it.

Are you rooted at all? Some of the custom ROMS are known for front camera issues.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You don't have insurance on your phone? Cause you can take it in to Sprint and they will repair or replace it.

Are you rooted at all? Some of the custom ROMS are known for front camera issues.

They don't even NEED the insurance to cover anything for the first 12 mos when it's a hardware issue. If it's rooted, tough nuts.

TEP is only needed if it's lost, stolen, liquid damaged, etc. OR the other half of TEP is when you're out of warranty (12mos) or within warranty and something needs repair because of use/abuse and not because of a manufacturing defect.

Read your agreements folks.

bj

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Definitely take it into the store they will repair it under the 12 month warranty. If they can't fix it right there I'm almost positive they will give you a new refurbed phone. Trust and believe they won't make you go two weeks with nothing Sprint doesn't operate like that. Whoever gave you that info must be having a bad day and trying to ruin yours go raise some H*ll!

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The warranty coverage was stopped end of October of last year. $35 for repairs if you don't have service and repair.

Software updates, and other non-repairs are still free.

Linkzo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an Evo4g from Sprint last year in August and just found out my front-facing camera doesn't work (first time I tried it). Since it is more than 90 days out, Sprint told me to call HTC and HTC said that I would have to ship the phone in and it could take up to 2 week to be repaired or replaced.

Nice, who can be without a phone for 2 weeks??? I don't even have a land line anymore.

Well, the short of it is as soon as my contract expires, me and my 4 family lines are going to Verizon and the iPhone.

Great job Sprint and HTC; you've turned an advocate into a detractor.

What's the point of your post? To tell you that you don't like Sprint or that you like the iPhone better than Androids?

Go pay $35 at a Sprint Store and they'll fix it on the spot...or go get the iPhone and good luck with Apple's warranty policies.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So its SPRINTS or HTCs fault YOU as the comsumer didnt test the equipment out in the 30 days.
I test all my stuff out and since i work as a tech testing and repairing wireless equipment i always test stuff.

Yes some of the blame is on the manufacturer but look in mirror and blame your self for not being a smart educated consumer and testing your device fully. Take some responsibility.

Reactions: FatalErrorz

prdstm0nke

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
They don't even NEED the insurance to cover anything for the first 12 mos when it's a hardware issue. If it's rooted, tough nuts.

TEP is only needed if it's lost, stolen, liquid damaged, etc. OR the other half of TEP is when you're out of warranty (12mos) or within warranty and something needs repair because of use/abuse and not because of a manufacturing defect.

Read your agreements folks.

bj

Thats incorrect. Like tndank said, as of last October, the warranty is not handled through Sprint Stores. If you have ESRP/TEP it would be covered at no charge. If not, it'll be a $35 charge to repair or replace.

Maybe its just a software issue that could be corrected with a hard reset? If not, it can most likely be fixed pretty quickly.

Good luck!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Simplicity of average consumers. As soon as something goes wrong with a device, they get pissed off at the wrong people and lash out. Is it really Sprints or HTCS fault that your camera doesnt work? No. As long as your device does not have any damage, or liquid damage, you are under a 1 year warranty that they have to honor. Relax before you jump the gun so soon over something so minor.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
i expected these responses, lol cuz they are the same as mine!!! Dont blame sprint or htc because you didnt get TEP or feel like waiting for two weeks. Im sure if you call Sprint and b*tch (since youre doing it here, you might as do it to the company your p*ssed at) theyll give you a 35 dollar bill credit, go to the service center, pay the repair fee and then add TEP.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
7 months to find out somethin as miniscule as the ffc doesn't work and you're going to jump ship? lol good riddance

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Take it in, One year manufacture warranty, they will have you out the door with one that does....if they don't, the verizon store will with your new iphone.

westhillsat

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You have fun with your iPhone and VZW pricing....Yep, you enjoy all that.

Yeah, we left VZW when we were ready for a android due to their pricing.
Originally wanted a iPhone, but with no flash that wasn't going to happen.

Sure wouldn't leave Sprint over a camera issue. User should have tested the camera within the first couple of days of playing with the new phone....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen