HTC EVO 4G LTE - SPRINT W/ Best Buy Phone Insurance....

Brandon Thomas3

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
If you are having a problem with your HTC EVO 4G as i am and have filed a BEST BUY GEEK SQUAD Phone Insurance Claim....

The EVO 4G is on back order.. for quite some time... SO i was offered a brand new SAMSUNG Galaxy S 4G LTE Instead.....

Just a Heads up:)

htmlcssguru

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Lucky for you it wasn't the Sprint insurance. That was a joke and a nightmare to deal with. The BB insurance sounds like it's the way it's supposed to work, replace with a new phone OR one of similar cost/features.

My son't Evo 4G LTE had some issues and we attempted to replace it via the insurance. Lo and behold, their program doesn't do that (replace) despite the fact we were told it did when we purchased the phones and agreed to the policies. Here's how it broke down:

1) They charged us $11 per month per phone ($133 annually per phone) for a phone we paid less than $100 for under the 2 year contract commitment
2) There's a $50 deductible that has to be paid
3) They provided a 'refurbished' phone, not new... as the replacement
4) The first TWO replacements were such garbage, one wouldn't even boot up.

Sprint would do NOTHING. They didn't care that we were misinformed about the insurance and basically called us liars. We took all the info including a chat transcript (where the official Sprint rep stated we are to get a 'new phone') to the local Sprint store and talked directly to a manager (the store we bought the phones at initially), explained to him what had occurred. He gave us a new phone on the spot and apologized. That's all we needed/wanted. And, it's exactly what Spring should have done in the first place.

We cancelled the insurance. It was preposterous to pay $133 PER PHONE (we have 3 phones on the plan, so $399 per year) PLUS a $50 deductible to get a refurbished phone when you can simply buy one off Craig's List much cheaper. Sprint's insurance 'partner' was a joke. They literally just wash their hands of any issues with the phones and have you deal with the insurance company whose representatives (that we spoke to AND a customer service rep from Sprint spoke to) were extremely snooty.

so, FYI, everyone. Do NOT get the Sprint insurance. Sucks. Just sayin...

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Call me naive but since I moved from Blackberry to Android in 2010 (EVO 4G) and then EVO 4G LTE, I've yet to have insurance on either phone. I also did not carry insurance on the U300 (2009) and Overdrive (2010). The U300 failed on several occasions at which point a Sprint Corporate store swapped them out for new replacements. They also gave me an upgrade from the U300 to Overdrive (1/2010) after 5-6 months. :cool:

I had a factory warranty claim on the original EVO 4G which entailed sending it to HTC in Texas, and received a replacement within a week. I've yet to have any issues on the EVO LTE since 5/12. The way I figure new phones come with a 1 year factory warranty, having either a backup phone to use until a replacement is sent back or a cheap prepaid account. Also, once a phone is outside of that 1 year warranty it is cheaper to find a replacement in the secondary market.

I just have a single line with a 25% discount applied a total due each month of $66.56. Everyone's situation is different, for me it doesn't pencil out.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint/46500-you-getting-your-sprint-evp-discount-3.html#post1910672