HTC Keyboard predictions get on my nerves!!!

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Let me start by saying I love the HTC Keyboard that comes with my Evo, it is by far my favorite one that I have tried. Having said that the Predictions get on my last nerve. Why does it seem that the predictions like to pop up ON top of the word you are trying to spell. I can't even see what I'm typing because the little bubble is right on top of what I'm spelling. If someone could fix this it would be awesome. / end rant.

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I had to turn the predictive text off after several crazy typed messages.

The predictive text is the only thing that I don't like. I'm not real crazy about typing on the screen as opposed to a keyboard (which was a stretch for me, coming from a Centro to a Blackberry to a Pre Plus). I've found that the Swiftkey works better than the stock touch keyboard as well as Smart Keyboard Pro.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just use the Gingerbread keyboard and sometimes the Droid X keyboard, the suggestions are a lot better. But the main reason why I use them is because I used to keep accidentally pressing "v" instead of the space bar on the HTC keyboard.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just use the Gingerbread keyboard and sometimes the Droid X keyboard, the suggestions are a lot better. But the main reason why I use them is because I used to keep accidentally pressing "v" instead of the space bar on the HTC keyboard.

+1. You may think you like the stock HTC keyboard but that's just because you haven't tried out all the other options out there. The Gingerbread keyboard is in the Market for download. Install it, try it out, you may like it better. Swype, Swiftkey, just to name a few, they are all good alternatives. It's like Green Eggs and Ham, just try them Sam I am...:)