HTC Malfunction - The dial numbers 1,2,3 will not populate or dial on the screen

ttblackberry

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi -

Currently, I own a HTC One X for about 2 years. When you pull up the dial menu to make a call... I cannot press 1,2, 3 and it populates on the phone screen. Which means any number I dial containing those numbers, I can't make the call. :'(

Can someone assist?

Thanks!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi -

Currently, I own a HTC One X for about 2 years. When you pull up the dial menu to make a call... I cannot press 1,2, 3 and it populates on the phone screen. Which means any number I dial containing those numbers, I can't make the call. :'(

Can someone assist?

Thanks!

Go to SETTINGS-APPS click ALL and scroll down to DIALER. Clear Data on your dialer (which will lose all your settings there, if you ever changed anything). This will reset just the dialer and might fix things up.

Pauldidsbury

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The same thing has happened to me on two separate HTC One X phones - the dialler will not respond on numbers 1, 2 and 3. Happens on my current phone. Rang HTC but they have no idea of the problem despite my informing it about it when it happened on my previous phone. Do anyone know what happens if you clear data on the dialler - will it clear out contacts? cheers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The same thing has happened to me on two separate HTC One X phones - the dialler will not respond on numbers 1, 2 and 3. Happens on my current phone. Rang HTC but they have no idea of the problem despite my informing it about it when it happened on my previous phone. Do anyone know what happens if you clear data on the dialler - will it clear out contacts? cheers

Sync your contacts with Gmail. It will help you back them up in case anything happens. Try clearing the cache first.