HTC one E8 , in the camera app , vedio mode is not shooting videos???

Rishu Sharma

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
HTC one E8 , in the camera app , vedio mode is not shooting videos???

I start the camera app
choose video mode
tap the record button
and it stops recording immediately and automatically
doesn't shoot anything

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the camera set to save videos to Internal Storage or an external SD card? If it's set for SD card and the card is full, then maybe it aborts the video.

Rohit Chauhan1

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem with my E8 too. While I'll get it checked at a service centre or wait for a software / app update from HTC soon (this sure is a app / software issue), I've installed Google Camera app from Play store for the meantime. It records videos perfectly well. You may install it too if you don't wanna face the hassle of visiting the HTC service centres.:)

halfsack

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem and found the solution a few weeks ago somewhere on the web. Wish i could give credit, but can't remember where I read it. The issue is a problem between the camera app and the "OK Google" detection. After turning off the "OK Google" feature, my camera has been recording videos just fine. Restarts had only helped temporarily beforehand, but this seems like a permanent fix so far.

To turn it off, go to Settings >> Language & Keyboard >> Voice Search >> "OK Google" Detection
Turn off the top setting, "From the Google app....."

Hope this helps all of you!!
Ryan

Amy726

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I was having this same problem, turning off the "OK Google" feature fixed it. THANKS! Seems so random... I never would've figured that out. :confused:

Please fix this problem, HTC! I love using "OK Google."

Sai Anirudh

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Turning off the 'Ok Google' feature in Google now fixed this Problem.Don't know why this problem occured due to this 'Ok Google' may be its interefering with the voice recorder of the video mode

aliashell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
guys i have problam with my camera who is like me
if you can see these video i recorded
my problem is slow motion example when you record video the camera will be zoom automatically

before that I had kit Kat 1.10.709.1 I didn't have this problem

AUTO test( goo.gl/DY0p3Y)
FHD test ( goo.gl/VI0wc2 )
SLOW MOTION1 ( goo.gl/DnJ9nB )
SLOW MOTION2 ( goo.gl/lGnq91 )
and the worst thing is shadow in your video like the last link i sended

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61