HTC One (M8): "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Promotion

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Promotion

Well, this would be a unique product placement idea.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

maybe his shield breaks at some point and he uses the phone to fight the winter soldier! :D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

what i found odd with the iron man product campaign is lg never showed a single phone in the movie, and the commercial was for one of their worst phones ever. what a waste of marketing $$

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

what i found odd with the iron man product campaign is lg never showed a single phone in the movie, and the commercial was for one of their worst phones ever. what a waste of marketing $$

I'm pretty sure the VX9400 was shown in Iron Man 1.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sure looks like an advertisement for "HTC Advantage" and not any particular phone. Both the M7 and One Max make an appearance on that page (you have to learn more to see it). Then when you click on "buy your HTC One" you can choose from any member of the One family. It is weird that the link on the first page takes you to an order screen for just the M7 though.

Or maybe it's an advertisement for the One "family" in general, since that's the brand HTC is pushing.

Haroon Ikhlaq

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Watched the movie over the weekend & Nick Fury was using the old HTC One and every other phone in the movie was the black HTC One X!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

dalex7777

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Saw most of this movie this weekend (don't ask, a work thing), and what I think I saw was the HTC Droid DNA. Unless those were black HTC one's (and why go with the black one? It looks like everything else…) I am a phone nut and I still wasn't sure if it was the M7 or the DNA/Butterfly.

If I were the art director, I would have gone with the Butterfly/ButterflyS/DNA too--the matte black back and red accents is killer.