HTC One M8 - transferring photos to SD card without losing albums. How can I do this?

A

AC Question

HTC One M8 - transferring photos to SD card without losing albums

Hello,

I've got an SD card for my HTC One M8. I've got lots of photos which I have sorted into different albums, but when I move the photos over to my SD card the albums disappear and they go into one, general "Gallery" album.

I don't want to spend time sorting them into new albums again (and, besides, when I do this it appears to transfer them back into the phone memory, rather than keep them under the SD storage). Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - transferring photos to SD card without losing albums

The "album" name is the name of the folder the pictures are in, so copy the folder to the SD card. Restart the phone (or use an app like media.Re.Scan) and make sure you have 2 albums of that name and that you can see pictures in both of them. Then delete the folder in the phone's internal storage.

nteapot

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello (I'm the user who created this thread!)... thanks for your reply. I've tried doing what you suggested but it hasn't worked. I'e also tried just copying over the albums straight to the SD card but this doesn't work either (it just creates one album called "Camera Shots").

Any further help you can give would be great - thanks in advance.

ETokuc

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
When you copy the folder, you might lose the date information. That's what happened to me. Whatever you do, do using the gallery app. My 2 cents.