HTC One M8 unlocking in pocket.

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one m8 unlocking in pocket.

This has been happening a lot to me. I have a pattern on, but it still unlocks. I believe this is because the phone doesn't immediately lock. The default is 10 min I think, but unless it is immediate, it won't need the pattern to unlock after you turn it off (not power down) and put in your pocket. I'm going to try this now with it at to lock on immediate. Hope it works.
I use Extended Controls to set up a widget with various useful buttons, including one to lock immediately. I also disabled motion gestures, as they cause more problems than they solve.

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one m8 unlocking in pocket.

Yes, THANK YOU, glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. I've had to turn off motion launch (what rubbish), which is annoying, because now to unlock, I have to send my finger on a two-day expedition to the top of the giant phone to press the power button, and then shimmy my hand down the phone to do the unlock gesture with my thumb. Either that or unlock it two handed.

My question is, is there an app that lets you create your own launch gestures? For example, drawing a giant Z on the screen or whatever? I'm not talking about a pattern lock which lets you unlock the phone after you've woken it, I mean something similar to the motion launch which wakes the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro