HTC One (M8): What specific improvements to Blinkfeed or Sense are you hoping to see with M8?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: What specific improvements to Blinkfeed or Sense are you hoping to see with M8?

In sense I'd like to have he ability to access the notification shade from fiull screen apps like games and be able to respond without actually leaving the game. Perhaps the most frustrating part of using the One is the lack of this feature which is present on the N5 and S4.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: What specific improvements to Blinkfeed or Sense are you hoping to see with M8?

In sense I'd like to have he ability to access the notification shade from fiull screen apps like games and be able to respond without actually leaving the game. Perhaps the most frustrating part of using the One is the lack of this feature which is present on the N5 and S4.

If you're referring to Android's new 'Lean Back' and 'Immersive' full-screen modes, they come with KitKat and are included in the 4.4.2 update for the One. They'll be present in the M8, barring any changes that specifically remove the feature of course.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

If you're referring to Android's new 'Lean Back' and 'Immersive' full-screen modes, they come with KitKat and are included in the 4.4.2 update for the One. They'll be present in the M8, barring any changes that specifically remove the feature of course.

Incorrect. My AT&T ones have been updated to kit Kat and the functionality is still missing. Likewise my S4 on jellybean had that function so I believe it's unrelated to kit Kat and has to do with the OEM

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Incorrect. My AT&T ones have been updated to kit Kat and the functionality is still missing. Likewise my S4 on jellybean had that function so I believe it's unrelated to kit Kat and has to do with the OEM

The features are definitely part of KitKat, and the KitKat update for the AT&T One definitely includes the feature (see the AT&T Consumer Blog post). The other versions of the One do as well; I received the update for mine (T-Mo) today. It'll take an update from third-party app developers to enable them, though.

Edit: to clarify, it's certainly still up to the OEMs to modify or exclude features as they see fit... what I was getting at with "barring any changes that specifically remove the feature of course."

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68