HTC One M9 is not connecting to the 4G, strange status bar icon and unable to choose the GSM network

Kulfonix

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
i recently inserted a sim card into my M9, and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. It doesn't use the 4G. when I choose "LTE/CDMA Only" under the "Network mode" it compleatly looses singnal. The "Avaiable GSM networks" option is unavaiable. Also, the strange icon apeared on the staus bar. I can normally call and text people, but the internet connection is just terrible. Some ideas on what might cause this?
Screenshot_20170111-145501.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What carrier are you on? You could try a new SIM card. If you can, go to a carrier store, tell them what is wrong. They may have a better idea on how to proceed.

Kulfonix

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I'll try contacting them. Also I'm not from the US, so my carrier propably won't mean anything to you (it's called Orange). Also, I just got that SIM card, so it is brand new and i dont realy want to pay for another one :D.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'll try contacting them. Also I'm not from the US, so my carrier propably won't mean anything to you (it's called Orange). Also, I just got that SIM card, so it is brand new and i dont realy want to pay for another one :D.

I was just thinking if the card was old. Where did you get the device? From your carrier?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What is the model number of the M9? We need to know if its a GSM or CDMA version. Is this an Orange carrier branded phone or an unlocked phone?
have you checked your APN settings to make sure they are compatible with your carrier.

Kulfonix

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I was just thinking if the card was old. Where did you get the device? From your carrier?

I bought it used online.

What is the model number of the M9? We need to know if its a GSM or CDMA version. Is this an Orange carrier branded phone or an unlocked phone?
have you checked your APN settings to make sure they are compatible with your carrier.

How do I check that?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You can get the model number by going to settings, then scroll down to about. It will be in there somewhere. Then google your device. If its a CDMA device and your carrier is GSM then you will need to send it back or get a new device.