Blog post

Device page

Specs:
3.4-inch screen at 480 x 320
5MP rear camera
VGA front-facing camera
Facebook button

Availability:
The HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa smartphones will be available to customers across major European and Asian markets during Q2 2011. In the United States, AT&T and HTC are exclusively bringing this unique user experience to market later this year.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
kinda intrigued by the dedicated facebook button... I hope HTC has some Verizon phones in the works with a similar feature

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, if all HTC's start coming with Facebook buttons, I guess I'll have to find a new manufacturer...Software app, no problem...Physical button that connects me to something I don't use? Problem.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mark Zuckerburg said more are coming. I bet it's not HTC exclusive.

If it was just a button that could be changed to whatever you want, like the configurable ones on a computer keyboard, it would be a great idea...but when it's blue, with a little "f" on it, that's just a cellphone company forcing something on a consumer (if they wind up putting it on all their phones) without asking, or caring what the consumer wants, all in the name of money. That's why I said they sold out...I seriously doubt this idea was from HTC...It was likely from Mr. Zuckerberg himself who threw a lot of money to HTC.

However, if it is only on a couple of phones and they make them glittery for the kiddies I don't care. I'm just wondering if this is going to be the start of ALL phones coming with them. One would hope not, but you never know what a business will do when offered a LOT of money.