HTC Sense force close

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So I was trying to get one of the lockscreen apps. Downloaded 1 forgot the name. After trying it for a bit I went into my scenes or tried to any way, and I get a htc sense has encountered error and has to force close. So i unistalled everything that I had recently dowloaded. Turned off phone, pulled battery 2x and still getting htc sense force close. Everything on the phone is working I just cant change any of my scenes. Any suggestions?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
When all else fails you can do a factory reset.

Menu > Settings > Security > Factory Data Reset

All your downloaded programs should still how in the market when you hit downloads after you sign in with your g-mial account. Everything on your data card will remain intact also.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Not if you're synced with Google, they're stored in your G-mail contacts. Unless you've added contacts to the phone and not Google. Once you go through the set up procedure and sign in with your G-Mail account everything will be there, including calendar.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah they are not all in my google. I have to take a ride to the mall tomorrow anyway I will stop at vz and let them do it so they can save my contacts. thanks

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This might sound like a dumb ?, but if I decide not to reset. What am I losing with the sense? 3 extra scenes? I actually like the way it set now, adding shortcuts and everything seems easier. So what am I missing with sense not working? Thanks. Oh yeah all my contacts are in my gmail, so I can reset if need be.

jbdan

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
This might sound like a dumb ?, but if I decide not to reset. What am I losing with the sense? 3 extra scenes? I actually like the way it set now, adding shortcuts and everything seems easier. So what am I missing with sense not working? Thanks. Oh yeah all my contacts are in my gmail, so I can reset if need be.

Essentially eye candy and "live type" widgets. I'm new here so there might be more to it.

fyi factory reset was easy, fairly quick, and simple for me. I jsut did a fact reset tonight, because I downloaded too many crap apps. It's amazing how much faster/more responsive my Eris is now. ymmv