HTC Sense Keyboard?

ahsinat

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Im not a huge fan of the HTC Sense keyboard in terms of how it actually works. I love the way it looks and the how the emojis and different characters are set up, but functionality wise it does really bad for the way I type. When I go on any internet app it just performs horribly when I swype. Idk if its something I'm doing or a problem with the keyboard settings that I havent checked/unchecked, but my words are highlighted. Like if you were to press input (I think) on your regular laptop or desktop, where it highlights the whole character instead of the space in front of or behind it. I will backspace a simple letter because it made a typo, and it will delete the whole word and backspace and join with the previous word. Or if I complete a word, it doesnt automatically put a space.. It'll just combine words and replace characters that I didnt want removed or replaced. :| It's just extremely annoying.

It works normally through text but on the internet app it just suddenly forgets that it knows how to work. It was working normally for a while when I unchecked the HTC Sense autocorrect, but its back at it now. Is there any fix or should I get over the aesthetic and just pick one that works well for me?

For the longest time I've used Swiftkey for my android's keyboard because of the customization and swype, but simply for aesthetic reasons I can't stand it on my HTC. It's a great keyboard but I wish I could have an HTC Sense keyboard theme for it lol.. I feel like swiftkey looks too round and bubbly for how sleek the phone is.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried changing the SwiftKey theme? The "Material" series could be your thing (that's what I found vest looking on my M8).

Alternatively, other keyboards could look better to you, like Swype.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Keyboard choice is a very individual thing but I'd recommend the Google keyboard. I've tried most of them and whilst it's not perfect it overall does the best job for me and is nice and fast and lag and bloat free. I find Swiftkey runs terribly on my one m8 and the key press animations lag so much that it's pretty much unusable

Posted via the Android Central App

andreirad

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm a new Android user coming from a great Blackberry keyboard and I really like the SwiftKey - Nickel theme. The keys are big enough to make it hard to tap the wrong key and the predictions are great especially because I type in two languages.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110