HTC Sense Mail Not Syncing

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that my gmail account is no longer syncing in the HTC Mail app. According to the inbox, it looks like the last email it synced was 2/2/11. I tried syncing manually and it wouldn't synced. I have tried removing that account and clearing the mail app cache. Has anyone seen anything similar?

EDIT: I just force closed, cleared data and cache and the thing will still only download emails up to February 2nd. The Gmail app syncs up fine.... >:|

Last edited:

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It might be a shot in the dark, but is it possible your reading your email on Gmail prior to your EVO syncing the account? Seems to me that the HTC Email app doesn't download or sync emails that are already read initially. (Been my experience anyways). I have HTC Email setup as an exchange account with gmail and my mail is syncing just fine, and as fast as push. As far as my imap account that I have setup it seems to sync just fine as well.

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it working, but I'm not sure why it was having issues in the first place. Anyway, I just started messing with the general settings for the email account and set it to only download the last 7 days, instead of 14 days of emails and the thing started working again. Could it have been something with some limit on how many emails could be downloaded at a time? I have no clue, but at least it is working again.

spinnerfarm

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a slightly different problem since updating my Inspire to sens 3.5. I have the standard mail client sync with my company exchange.
Prior to the sense update:
get a new meesage, it shows un-read on the phone. Read it on Outlook and it would then show as read on the inspire mail client (sometimes forcing sync)

Since the update:
get the new mail message, it shows unread on the android mail client. Read it on outlook but the status of it never changes on the phone. I can make it do a manual sync but it never changes from unread to read.

this just started since the Sense update to 3.5 last night.....

Any ideas?

Steve

jeff_rausch

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue.
I normally have the Update Schedule frequency set to Push.
When I change it to a time interval and then go back to the inbox, when it syncs it will sync up the read message status.
BUT it will not continue to sync the read message count, only on the first sync after I change it to a specific time interval and go back to inbox and refresh.

When I change it back to Push updates it never syncs the count until I set it back to a time interval, and then only for the first refresh/sync.

Very annoying...

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Incredible 4G on ICS. I'm currently dealing with HTC tech support but they are clueless. There are a ton of posts all over the net on this issue, and not one fix. The most popular solution I've read is to download K9 mail or something. I'll let you know what i find out, because I'm not going to just let this go. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermz1084