HTC Thunderbolt or Motorola Atrix

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 3GS. Contract with AT&T is up.

Now I really like HTC phones, and I really like what I'm.hearing about the TB. I wouldn't mind.either one but prefer the TB.

Is the TB worth the wait (seeing as how we still don't have an official release date) or just get the Atrix?

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Which network do you prefer? If you'd rather not go on Verizon, then I'd replace the Thunderbolt with the HTC Inspire 4G. They're more or less the same phone, but the Inspire is on AT&T.

Personally, either way I'd go Atrix if I were you.

Last edited:

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
To be honest with you, I wouldn't mind either AT&T or Verizon. I hear so many complaints about AT&T but personally never had a problem with them.

My only problem with the Inspire is the lack of a FFC which I most definitely will be using.

I like HTC, love the Thunderbolt, but with the lack of a release date and ongoing delays the Atrix is getting better day-by-day. My deadline for picking a phone is the 25th of this month BTW.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
To be honest with you, I wouldn't mind either AT&T or Verizon. I hear so many complaints about AT&T but personally never had a problem with them.

My only problem with the Inspire is the lack of a FFC which I most definitely will be using.

I like HTC, love the Thunderbolt, but with the lack of a release date and ongoing delays the Atrix is getting better day-by-day. My deadline for picking a phone is the 25th of this month BTW.
If the 25th is your deadline, I think you'll be getting an Atrix. New rumors have been saying the Thunderbolt won't be coming until the 28th at the earliest. Early March is the latest though; are you sure you couldn't wait the week?

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If the 25th is your deadline, I think you'll be getting an Atrix. New rumors have been saying the Thunderbolt won't be coming until the 28th at the earliest. Early March is the latest though; are you sure you couldn't wait the week?

Sorry. What I meant to say about the 25th was if the TB doesn't have an OFFICIAL release date by then, then I will be getting the Atrix. I was just wondering if it was worth the wait.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. What I meant to say about the 25th was if the TB doesn't have an OFFICIAL release date by then, then I will be getting the Atrix. I was just wondering if it was worth the wait.
Ahh okay. I hope we'll see a release date announced by then too, it's a shame how Verizon's been handling the launch of their first 4G phone.

Like I said before, I would prefer the Atrix, because I like Moto phones, they usually have pretty great battery life and I don't think Blur is as bad as people make it out to be. The hardware is top-notch while the Thunderbolt's is a bit behind (but still very good). I also think the laptop and multimedia docks are pretty awesome, if a bit too expensive for my blood. Engadget gave it a rare 9/10.

That being said, the Thunderbolt is a great phone too. You've indicated that you like HTC phones and would love to get the Thunderbolt; so I'd personally advise that you get a phone you're sure you want instead of one you might be a bit on the fence about. Are there any particular cons you see in the Atrix? Or is it a simply a preference of HTC over Motorola?

Last edited:

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ahh okay. I hope we'll see a release date announced by then too, it's a shame how Verizon's been handling the launch of their first 4G phone.

Like I said before, I would prefer the Atrix, because I like Moto phones, they usually have pretty great battery life and I don't think Blur is as bad as people make it out to be. The hardware is top-notch while the Thunderbolt's is a bit behind (but still very good). I also think the laptop and multimedia docks are pretty awesome, if a bit too expensive for my blood. Engadget gave it a rare 9/10.

That being said, the Thunderbolt is a great phone too. You've indicated that you like HTC phones and would love to get the Thunderbolt; so I'd personally advise that you get a phone you're sure you want instead of one you might be a bit on the fence about. Are there any particular cons you see in the Atrix? Or is it a simply a preference of HTC over Motorola?

To be honest I haven't used a Motorola phone in years. I just recently played with an Evo 4G and a Droid Incredible. So that's where my thing with HTC came from. I have an official AT&T wireless store near me, so hopefully they will have the Atrix on display to play with and see how it is.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I haven't used a Motorola phone in years. I just recently played with an Evo 4G and a Droid Incredible. So that's where my thing with HTC came from. I have an official AT&T wireless store near me, so hopefully they will have the Atrix on display to play with and see how it is.
I would definitely go to the AT&T store and ask to try an Atrix. I think you'll be pleased. :)

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Which network do you prefer? If you'd rather not go on Verizon, then I'd replace the Thunderbolt with the HTC Inspire 4G. They're more or less the same phone, but the Inspire is on AT&T.

Personally, either way I'd go Atrix if I were you.

Go Atrix, QHD, plus dual core plus DDR2 RAM (at elast from what I hear anyway) top notch hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helloworld