Huawei Watch (1st gen) and Android P (Pixel XL) issues

waldo15

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
HI all!

Ever since I upgraded my Pixel XL to Android P, my watch has been showing some odd behavior.

Specifically the watch keeps showing the disconnected icon (cloud crossed with a diagonal line, image attached) even though the phone reports the watch is connected, notifications get sent back and forth as usual and anything I dismiss on the watch gets dismissed on the phone as well.

The real problem comes when I try to open certain apps on the watch itself (e.g. stock weather app) and it tells me is having problems connecting to the network.

Any ideas how to solve this?

screen.png

waldo15

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have, twice already. Problem comes and goes without apparent rhyme or reason. Still investigating what could be...

buzzard75

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I've been having issues with my Watch 2 Classic. I've had Android P since it was released for Pixel XL, but the behavior has only manifested itself over the last week or so. I've tried unpairing/repairing, disconnecting bluetooth on both the watch and the phone as well as restarting both the phone and the watch numerous times. I occasionally get the disconnected icon on the watch and even when it says it's connected I don't get any push notifications from the phone for phone calls, text messages or emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678