I am having the same problem as this user. How do I uninstall this QR app?

25sarah

Feb 23, 2022
Visit site
Hi,
I have downloaded and installed a QR Code reader, but not only does it not work, but I cannot uninstall it (either by holding on the icon and clicking on uninstall, or by going into settings>apps, then clicking on the app to try to remove it). Both times it takes me back to my Home Screen.
I have also found that I cannot open Accessibility in the Settings, takes me back to the Home Screen again.
And also now, when I hold the power button in to either restart or turn off the phone, this doesn't work either...it just switches the screen display off.
I have tried force restarting the phone, but this has had no effect either.
Can someone please offer any help?
Many thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your phone in Safe Mode (the method to do so will depend on which specific phone model you have)? This should 'kill' any 3rd party app from loading at boot and should allow you to uninstall any rogue apps (unless it's an app you sideloaded with a malicious code that's already compromised the OS, in which case, you may need to do a factory reset if an antivirus can't remove it).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you install the app from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?