i am using it at home, which "location mode" should i use?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
high accuracy, battery saving, device only?

which one should i use? mine doesn't have mobile service, so i want to select the "device only".

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
high accuracy, battery saving, device only?

which one should i use? mine doesn't have mobile service, so i want to select the "device only".

If you aren't connected to a mobile network, use 'Device only'. It saves the most battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"Device only" uses GPS, which can actually use a fair amount of battery. If you're using your device at home, select "Battery Saving," because that will use your wifi for determining location, and not GPS. This will be accurate to within about a few hundred meters. Unless you need a precise location (i.e., within a few meters), I would suggest keeping GPS off in general.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
"Device only" uses GPS, which can actually use a fair amount of battery. If you're using your device at home, select "Battery Saving," because that will use your wifi for determining location, and not GPS. This will be accurate to within about a few hundred meters. Unless you need a precise location (i.e., within a few meters), I would suggest keeping GPS off in general.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro