I bought a Huawei Mate 9 and here's what I've noticed coming from the 6P

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a nice phone but I'd still rather have the 6P with my preferred custom ROM and kernel. Also prefer front facing speaker for music and video. No camera lag on 7.1.1 with HDR off. Battery life is great running Pure Nexus 7.1.1 with Flash kernel. I can go a full day with 3.5-4 hrs SOT only discharging from 80-30.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a nice phone but I'd still rather have the 6P with my preferred custom ROM and kernel. Also prefer front facing speaker for music and video. No camera lag on 7.1.1 with HDR off. Battery life is great running Pure Nexus 7.1.1 with Flash kernel. I can go a full day with 3.5-4 hrs SOT only discharging from 80-30.

That's cool.... but I was comparing the stock phones. When you put a custom ROM on your phone, you open up a whole new arena. Are you saying no camera lag with your custom ROM or when it was stock? You put a custom ROM and kernel to get the improved battery life.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
That's cool.... but I was comparing the stock phones. When you put a custom ROM on your phone, you open up a whole new arena. Are you saying no camera lag with your custom ROM or when it was stock? You put a custom ROM and kernel to get the improved battery life.
I had no camera lag with latest camera app and HDR off on stock 7.1.1. Mainly use custom ROM and kernel for improved battery life and performance.

armyav8tor

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had no camera lag with latest camera app and HDR off on stock 7.1.1. Mainly use custom ROM and kernel for improved battery life and performance.
Agreed, I flashed Franco kernel and got 6 hr SOT with normal usage. Can get over 8 easily if I want to go for a glory shot. Everything else stock with nothing disabled to include it being connected to my Moto 360 Sport at all times. The 6P has plenty of life left, it'll be hard to move to anything else. One of the most important attributes for me is a good camera and the 6P is amazing especially in low light.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

HDR off is fast but the picture quality isn't as good as HDR+ unfortunately so I just leave it on. There is a mod that has fast HDR+ but I find the pictures end up blurry often so I reverted back to stock and slow azz HDR+ yet again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter