I can see Gmail alerts on Gear S but no option to respond.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Gmail is Google app. If you want to respond either set it up in native email client or use the mobile version of Gmail on Opera Mini that works quite good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have opera mini on my Gear S but I am thinking that I should have the option of clicking on the email alert and responding directly. Is that not the case?

Also, my Gmail account is set up under the regular email client on my phone also. I just don't use it.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can only response to notifications from stock email app and stock message app. Nothing else out of box. You can't respond to any Google apps.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the regular envelope setup as gmail. Are you saying it can't be a Gmail account by any means? I disabled the Gmail app from notifications and then got nothing when email was sent.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You need to configure getting your emails pushed through the email client. I use the email for yahoo, live, netzero, and work. I don't have Gmail pushed through the email client cause I prefer the Gmail app. However, if it was that important to respond I would need to set up Gmail in Samsung email client.

Posted via the Android Central App

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
There is where I feel I am missing something. How do I put my gmail info into the Samsung client? Is the white envelope with the @ symbol on it not the place? I set that up as gmail but still not able to respond.

When I get the email notification my my Gear, it reads as gmail and not the regular..email that I see on the gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theimperialtour