I could cry - 2nd Razr Maxx...battery issues...

ttens

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I am just not getting the battery life I expected. I don't have any crazy stuff going on as I'm a simple user.

I was tracking what went on this morning:

At 7:48 am, I finished charging it (it wasn't charged overnight). As soon as I unplugged it from 100% it dropped to 99
@ 7:52am it was @ 97% after a quick email and fb check
@9:33 am - no use 94%
@10:20am 91% sent one text
@11:41am 87% no use
@12:42 pm 85%
By around 4 pm I was down to less than 50%.

I'm going to have to call and get a 2nd replacement :( and this time it won't be new (although I will fight that). I have the WORST luck with this stuff!!!!

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you using 4G, WiFi, 3G.....

I live across the Puget Sound from Seattle and do not get 4G. I turn it on whenever I make it over there. If I leave the 4G on after I get back into my 3G only area I do notice that the battery lasts much less. Just a thought. I also use rules like shutting off mobile data, bluetooth, and GPS when it connects to my home router... Every bit counts

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Is your GPS off? Syncing email accounts? Data using widgets that update constantly? Everything looks about the same as I get. But that less than 4 hour time span and it drops 35% does seem weird. Looks like one of those phantom programs starts running that I always here about.

I say the next day you charge it, watch or at the same time to see if it starts that steep drop again. If it does restart your phone. See what it does then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Getting the most out of your battery requires sacrificing some features. I complained a bunch when I first got my MAXX because it didn't seem to last long, but now have lasted two full days with one charge, sitting at 40%.

I just stay at 30% brightness, cellular data off (wifi if I can), background sync off (I just manually sync), GPS off, Bluetooth off, and have set smart actions to help maintain these settings when I need to conserve battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bradenfontaine

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My battery usage varies. One day I went over 24 hours, another day it was 15-16, and one day was maybe 12 hours but I had been on it a lot that day 6-7 hours total (hey, I was bored that day).

I usually have 3g on with no 4g. I've read it's good to turn off 4g but then Verizon told me it should ALWAYS be on 4g because it's a 4g phone. I've also read once you get down to 15% to power it off and charge until it's 100%. Don't know if/why that would work and can't remember where I read it. I did just charge mine that way and have been unplugged for about 2 hours and am at 86. Seems like a quick drain but I did download some new apps. One of them was System Panel to see if there are any rogue apps running. I had a Verizon rep tell me his phone runs for 3 days on 4g and mobile hotspot. I think he was exaggerating/BSing me. I also happen to be on my second Maxx since my first one wouldn't go past 8-10 hours on a charge. So my new one is double the time of my old one.

How long have you had the second one? Do you activate Smart Actions at night or during the day? I turn off data while I'm at work and while I'm sleeping. Last night I went to bed at 1130 and it was at 40%. When I woke up at 6 am it was down to 30%. It finally got down to 15% about 12 pm so I had just under 20 hours. My X would have never made it thru the night, I was usually down to 40% by 11 or 12 pm from a full charge in the morning.

I think when we hear how people are getting 2-3 days use and we don't get that, we think we have a lemon. I feel that way sometimes, but I'm sure if I turned off data, etc., I could get over 2 days. However, I use my phone as a computer a lot, so I am usually on the internet or Facebook so my screen will be on from 5-6 hours (on weekends especially when kids have sports practice etc). I have an hour commute both ways so that's at least 2 hours right there.

Sorry to ramble on, don't know that I helped, but I can understand your frustration. You have to find how your battery works for what YOU do. Does that make sense?

Edited b/c I type badly on touchscreen. And where is the dang asterisk??!!!

Last edited:

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
All of my stuff is set to sync. I am at 36% with it coming off the charger about 30 hours ago. I leave wifi on always. The big things for me is using home data and and keeping the 4G turned off. When I was working on the Navy base my signal was not very good and the battery life struggled because of it. Just living in an area with good signal can make a huge difference...

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Apq - is there an easy way to manually sync apps?

What I do is have the power control widget on my home screen and toggle background sync on for a bit whenever I want everything updated. When it's done I just toggle it off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I really need to get a router so we can set up wifi at home.

Thanks for power widget suggestion, I might try it. Can you resize it?

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I leave everything set to sync all the time. Bluetooth always on. Can easily go two days. No smart actions.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Razr Maxx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582