I ditched Apple... AGAIN!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, it’s Guppy again. Some of you may remember me: I keep bouncing between Apple and Samsung like a pinball on steroids.
For a while I did enjoy my Apple products, I really did. In an urban environment, I love iPhone and iPad.

But that’s just it:
I no longer live in urban areas.
When in California, I’m in the middle of nowhere in the Sierra foothills, and when in Washington, I’m even further out in the middle of nowhere right below the Canadian border, WiFi will never get to those areas, ever.

And we’ll, you know, Apple can be a lot of fun, but when it comes to letting me do what I need on data, FUHGETABOUTIT.
I feel tethered and under the control of the love child of Steve Jobs and Nurse Radchet, this just won’t do.
Also, the last Apple updates, well... don’t get me started, we’re not allowed to swear, here!

So I got (drumroll please...) the incomparable Samsung galaxy Note 20 Ultra and I’m getting either tomorrow or the next day, a Samsung galaxy S7 5G tablet.

So for the record, I come from iPhone X... my Note 20 feels like a magic carpet ride at Mach speed, my my my, how the Note has changed!
And no matter where I am, while some functions still need WiFi, almost everything can be done on data, it’s fast, it’s become surprisingly user friendly since the Note 3, and I absolutely love it.

So that’s it. Since I now shun cities and urban anything like the plague, I’m back to being a happy Android user. :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see that you joined at the time of my first smartphone, March 2014. It seems so long ago, but only six years. 😮

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You're in good company.
giphy.gif

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to Android Central! We have a lot of users here who delve into different platforms! It's healthy! Enjoy yourself around the forums!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks you guys 🙂
Now I need help: I can't for the life of me remember my password. my old iPad is disabled so I can't get into the passwords. so how on earth do I log into Android Central on my new tablet now? I'm on my phone and I can't find where to get my password. Help? (hey I warned you: I am severely tech challenged, I was a choreographer, I don't know squat about this stuff)

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Man I really did myself in omg 😂
So for whatever reason my password is not on my iPad. I'm logged in here from my phone and I can't remember the password. Is there anyway I can change my password? I can't find a link anywhere.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So it looks like I can't change my password so I can only post here from my phone. That's ok, my screen is awesome. I can remove the app from my tablet and make more room for other things 🙂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201