I don't know what to do

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
My OG Droid is barely working (must use bluetooth or speaker to make/receive calls) and I need to get a new phone. My plan was to pick one up from Costco today (make a trip there w/ a coworker that has a membership since I don't) but they sold out of their whopping inventory within minutes and won't have any more until Saturday. I am only looking for a simple upgrade. Not interested in purchasing retail, etc and am eligible for my 2yr upgrade.

I have a few options:

Have coworker pick up a Costco gift card for me today and haunt all the area Costcos until I find one w/ a phone for me?

Bite the bullet and go to the VW store and see if they will cut me a deal on something (I only have a $30 NE2 discount).

Call VW customer service and see if they will cut me a deal on something.

Try Walmart....are the phones really $199 (or $219 w/ upgrade?).

What are my other options? Any ideas?

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I know the Costco deal is awesome but i honestly don't use any of the fancy stuff. i would go to the store and get it there.

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I know the Costco deal is awesome but i honestly don't use any of the fancy stuff. i would go to the store and get it there.

I should have added that I currently have two docks (standard, one at home and one at work) for my OG Droid as well as the car dock (which I rarely use) and an extra battery (which I use sporadically but it is essential when we are on all day outings like Disney World, etc).

So I am going to need at least one dock (I can suck it up at work for a while) at the minimum and don't need a car charger since the one from my OG Droid should work.

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I should have added that I currently have two docks (standard, one at home and one at work) for my OG Droid as well as the car dock (which I rarely use) and an extra battery (which I use sporadically but it is essential when we are on all day outings like Disney World, etc).

So I am going to need at least one dock (I can suck it up at work for a while) at the minimum and don't need a car charger since the one from my OG Droid should work.

I'd say get the phone and then evaluate if you REALLY need the docks and such. You may find you can live with out them.

sungscow

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
have you tried uninstalling a bunch of apps that you don't need/use often? i know it takes away from the functionality of the phone but in my case, it restored its usability greatly.

Keekeegottadroid

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My OG Droid is barely working (must use bluetooth or speaker to make/receive calls) and I need to get a new phone. My plan was to pick one up from Costco today (make a trip there w/ a coworker that has a membership since I don't) but they sold out of their whopping inventory within minutes and won't have any more until Saturday. I am only looking for a simple upgrade. Not interested in purchasing retail, etc and am eligible for my 2yr upgrade.

I have a few options:

Have coworker pick up a Costco gift card for me today and haunt all the area Costcos until I find one w/ a phone for me?

Bite the bullet and go to the VW store and see if they will cut me a deal on something (I only have a $30 NE2 discount).

Call VW customer service and see if they will cut me a deal on something.

Try Walmart....are the phones really $199 (or $219 w/ upgrade?).

What are my other options? Any ideas?
I ordered my from VZW *611. Got $100 NE2. I asked if there were any promotions and got a free month ($120). Essentially paid $79. Will buy my own accessories later with the $220 I saved. I would have lost my NE2 if I went to Costco

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I ended up at the VW store. I picked up the phone for $249 (+$15 tax) and had to order (free shipping) the extended battery and standard dock since they had run out of them by 5pm when I got there.

The standard dock was 25% off w/ my corporate discount ($50 before discount) and apparently there is a sale (50% off) on all 4G batteries so I picked up the extended battery for $25.

So I ended up spending just a little bit more money but got the two pieces I really wanted (and the extended instead of the standard battery) instead of waiting for a local Costco to get a phone in stock.

Apparently the $249 price is for corporate discounts. The guy in the store didn't believe me when I walked in and asked for it at that price.

I love the phone so far. The screen is amazing and the tiny bit of pixelation up in the corner near the battery indicator is just fine.

I'm a regular, every day user ...and am THRILLED w/ the phone. Still finding new things out about it but so far so good!

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the Costco deal and am very happy with it! I'd say get it at Costco if you can! It may require a little stalking, pestering, calling, and showing up an hour prior to opening, but it all depends on how badly you want the accessory bundle.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm lucky and live in an area where this phone won't be selling out too quickly at Costco. But I would suggest the Costco deal myself, it seems like the best deal, and it seems that you can deal with your phone being dumb for another day. I don't think it would kill you, but I'm not you, so do as you want. Check out the current deals thread for the prices for everything, it's $250 at Amazon, $280 at Costco, $300 from VZW. Pick your poison, it's going to empty your wallet no matter what.
And you're lucky you have the money, I can't get back the money I lent out to my mom for over a month, so I have to make like $200 in a week before I go crazy and start selling crack or something (not really).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23