I dropped my Samsung S5 down the toilet and well it won't switch on, can I get some help please?

A

AC Question

i dropped my samsung s5 down the toilet and well it wont switch on help me please

when I plug the charger in my phone makes a funny sound.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: i dropped my samsung s5 down the toilet and well it wont switch on help me please

Was the charging flap closed when dropped in if so? You may be able to take it to a Samsung store and get a free replacement as you get a two year warranty in the box with all newer Samsung phones. If you can find warranty papers I'd go to Samsung store ASAP and not mess with it as they usually get it sorted quickly. Also your device is not rooted or has been in the past? This is important as this voids your warranty making your device a paperweight. If this is the case all you can do is either buy a new phone outright or trade it in as not working at the Samsung store and you should get a decent chunk of money off a new phone such as an S6 Note 4 (I'd wait for Note 5) or even a new S5. Wish you the best of luck:)

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Then the phone is water damaged, and you'll have to get a repair estimate. For the future, read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! I've saved phones that were dropped in toilets - but it has to be fast and you have to get the battery out immediately - and that doesn't mean in 5 seconds, it means now.

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
First, take it out of the toilet, bound to make funny noises plugging the charger in otherwise ;)

Take the battery out, put it in a sealed bag of dry rice and if you have any, silca gel stuff that comes with electronics, leave it in a warm airing cupboard for 3 days minimum

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allen7_75