I f#$&^d it up. stuck on vibrant boot screen

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I guess I have to admit that I am a noob when it comes to the droids and my new vibrant. when rebooted, it always goes to the vibrant boot screen. it was booting into clockworkmod recovery. I have no doubt that its my actions that got it where it is, so I am hoping someone can help me out of this.

Heres the history of how it got to where it is:

got new phone.
decided to root.
did the update.zip file tfer from computer to phone to root.
did the one click lagfix.
running fine at that point
decided to try the rom manager.
downloaded the latest azura and installed it with rom manager
booted up and ran but had lots of issues.. dialer and other apps crashed. constant messages. wouldnt connect to net or cell service.

so i went to put the old one on, and i couldnt find it.

It was late, I was drunk, and I am not sure exactly what I did.

I don know that i was able to reboot into clockworkmod and I am pretty sure that I unmounted and mounted everything many times. I wiped the cache and everything else.

then I decided it would be a good idea to try the "repartition the sdcard" feature. whoops.

I have tried the google android SPK with linux and in winxp to no avail. I cannot get winxp to recognize my device no matter what I do. I have downloaded the drivers suggested, and others before that.
I figure I might need to get rid of all the old drivers and then just install the one for use with the SDK.

Please give me some guidance.

Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I guess I have to admit that I am a noob when it comes to the droids and my new vibrant. when rebooted, it always goes to the vibrant boot screen. it was booting into clockworkmod recovery. I have no doubt that its my actions that got it where it is, so I am hoping someone can help me out of this.

Heres the history of how it got to where it is:

got new phone.
decided to root.
did the update.zip file tfer from computer to phone to root.
did the one click lagfix.
running fine at that point
decided to try the rom manager.
downloaded the latest azura and installed it with rom manager
booted up and ran but had lots of issues.. dialer and other apps crashed. constant messages. wouldnt connect to net or cell service.

so i went to put the old one on, and i couldnt find it.

It was late, I was drunk, and I am not sure exactly what I did.

I don know that i was able to reboot into clockworkmod and I am pretty sure that I unmounted and mounted everything many times. I wiped the cache and everything else.

then I decided it would be a good idea to try the "repartition the sdcard" feature. whoops.

I have tried the google android SPK with linux and in winxp to no avail. I cannot get winxp to recognize my device no matter what I do. I have downloaded the drivers suggested, and others before that.
I figure I might need to get rid of all the old drivers and then just install the one for use with the SDK.

Please give me some guidance.

Thanks

wait so can you still get into clockwork?

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
no.
i used to get in by rebooting and holding the spk buttons and the power btn till the vibrant came up, then letting go of power. now that doesnt work

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
its stuck on the screen that says VIBRANT in the middle and SAMSUNG at the bottom. the control buttons at the bottom do light up if I hit them.

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to use odin to no avail.

It might be might screw up.

When I plug the phone in, whether running odion or not, my computer will not recognize the phone. it always says, "unkown device" and something like this usb device is unrecognizable, try again or replace it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to use odin to no avail.

It might be might screw up.

When I plug the phone in, whether running odion or not, my computer will not recognize the phone. it always says, "unkown device" and something like this usb device is unrecognizable, try again or replace it.

did you try to download a new set of drivers?

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I fell asleep last night, sorry. I appreciate all your help.
I tried the above:
removed batter, held both volume buttons, inserted usb, put battery back while holding them.
the Samsung screen comes up and stays on. No download mode.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What if you leave the battery out entirely
I fell asleep last night, sorry. I appreciate all your help.
I tried the above:
removed batter, held both volume buttons, inserted usb, put battery back while holding them.
the Samsung screen comes up and stays on. No download mode.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
if i leave the battery out, and i hold both volume buttons, then plug in the usb cord connected to my computer, I get nothing.
black screen

schleven

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
without the battery i still get nothing.

with the battery, I get the vibrant screen.

Once, when only holding vol -, then usb, then battery, I got the battery icon. It showed empty. I can get a full battery in a few from another phone. would that make a difference?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't know go to the vibrant rom and hacks section look for how to video threads maybe connexion2005 has an answer
without the battery i still get nothing.

with the battery, I get the vibrant screen.

Once, when only holding vol -, then usb, then battery, I got the battery icon. It showed empty. I can get a full battery in a few from another phone. would that make a difference?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

kid4l0ve

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem like him. Stuck on boot screen of SS Vibrant T959 after I update (I receive an message of T-mobile to update something I even dont know). I m stupid. So what should I do ? show me basically please ^^
Can I go to the T-mobile store where I bought it and get a free repair :D ? because it's not my fault >"< the only thing I did is click "yes"

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem like him. Stuck on boot screen of SS Vibrant T959 after I update (I receive an message of T-mobile to update something I even dont know). I m stupid. So what should I do ? show me basically please ^^
Can I go to the T-mobile store where I bought it and get a free repair :D ? because it's not my fault >"< the only thing I did is click "yes"

The easy way is to just take it in, they'll probably just replace it.

You've probably done that by now anyway, since its been over a week lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad