I got to hold a Thunderbolt!!!

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In fairness it was only a dummy unit... but it was still freaking awesome! I was at my local mall today and I walked past one of the Verizon stands in the middle of the mall when a female Verizon employee said can I show you anything (loaded question). I asked when the TBolt was coming out and she paused then said "I dont know". I pointed out that it took her a few seconds to think about the answer "I dont know". She said "I really dont, sorry". I asked if she'd seen one and she said "hmmm.... mmmmayybe". Instantly I asked "do you have one here?" and she said "mmmmayybe". I asked if I could see it and she said "ok, just don't tell anyone because I'm not supposed to show it off yet". She let me hold it, play with it, take pictures of it, etc. Now again... it was only a dummy unit so it wouldn't power on or anything but still... holding this monster phone and seeing it in person was AMAZING after months of waiting. I will say this about it... this phone is heavy. Not in a weigh you down sort of heavy, but a VERY solidly built sort of heavy. You can tell that this thing is not made of plastic. I held it side by side with my Droid1 and it's almost identical height but the TBolt is much thinner. The kickstand is very solid and the speaker is huge. I almost drooled on their dummy unit!

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
in fairness it was only a dummy unit... But it was still freaking awesome! I was at my local mall today and i walked past one of the verizon stands in the middle of the mall when a female verizon employee said can i show you anything (loaded question). I asked when the tbolt was coming out and she paused then said "i dont know". I pointed out that it took her a few seconds to think about the answer "i dont know". She said "i really dont, sorry". I asked if she'd seen one and she said "hmmm.... Mmmmayybe". Instantly i asked "do you have one here?" and she said "mmmmayybe". I asked if i could see it and she said "ok, just don't tell anyone because i'm not supposed to show it off yet". she let me hold it, play with it, take pictures of it, etc. now again... It was only a dummy unit so it wouldn't power on or anything but still... Holding this monster phone and seeing it in person was amazing after months of waiting. I will say this about it... This phone is heavy. Not in a weigh you down sort of heavy, but a very solidly built sort of heavy. You can tell that this thing is not made of plastic. I held it side by side with my droid1 and it's almost identical height but the tbolt is much thinner. The kickstand is very solid and the speaker is huge. I almost drooled on their dummy unit!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this made my day!!! :d

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
HAHAHA you people going crazy over this phone....

I'm getting off this forum.. AND RUNNING STRAIGHT TO VERIZON to beg on my hands and knees to let my hold the dummy unit!

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hope we can preorder online for this one. Looking to lock it in online and hopefully one day ship it so that when I return from my conference it is there waiting for me.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I should also mention these points... 1) all of the Verizon employees there said that they are anxiously awaiting the TBolt because "it will blow everything out of the water" 2) a different employee at the stand told me that the Bolt is being released on 02/24 and 3) all of the employees said that they do NOT think 4g will cost extra.

Reactions: Green_Laser

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Pretty exciting! Thanks for the pics! Unfortunately it just makes me want it more :(

You're welcome... I wish I could explain to you all just how amazing this phone felt in the hand. It honestly felt like the most solid and sturdy phone I've ever held. The size and weight of this phone was simply amazing! Can't wait till it's released and you can all see what I mean.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome... I wish I could explain to you all just how amazing this phone felt in the hand. It honestly felt like the most solid and sturdy phone I've ever held. The size and weight of this phone was simply amazing! Can't wait till it's released and you can all see what I mean.

it is probably the unibody construction that makes it so sturdy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024