I hate my Nexus 4 right now!

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is complaining about the 4.3 update! I am not even getting one single WiFi connectivity issue! Oh my god, did anyone else also not have a battery drain issue?! Cuz I am not having one, my Camera works perfectly! None of the apps I've installed have been screwing things up, NETFLIX has been perfect :(((

Is there a way to make my Nexus 4 like everyone elses?! I dont wana feel left out :'(

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
OMG! I have the same non-issues here. I even got the OTA update by doing the "google services framework", but everything seems to work ok. I knew I probably did something wrong when I realized I didn't even had to reinstall my account.

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
And MX player finally got it's update and works.
No issues with 4.3 :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Except I have now Invalid Package error. No miracles!

Last edited:

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Zero problems with mine since the update.... how disappointing. I thought I could complain on this forum for days and days about how cruel the world is.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the app developers are moving pretty quick to update for the 4.3. I have had 5 apps update to fix 4.3 issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Other than the "Audible is running" notification issue with the Audible app, you could have installed 4.3 on my n4 and n7 and I would not have noticed the difference.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem what so ever with N4. dont understand what others are doing.

I have no problems with the rom itself, other than the two know quirks. The black bar that drops in recent apps, which is just a little coding slip up, and the disabling of app notifications that doesn't stick with reboot, which is somewhat by design due to the security changes. It is actually up to the developers to make that work from their end. The fact that many can run 4.3 without issue and it run so smoothly says that there is nothing wrong with it at all. A good flash and all should be good. Problems with apps not functioning properly are to be fixed by respective developers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
You're crazy if you think that every single phone that updated has zero post problems. That never happens on any phone on any platform. There are bugs that don't affect every device for whatever reason. People with complaints are valid and actually pretty realistic after an update. Nothing ever works perfectly else 4.4 won't have "bug fixes" listed under its release notes. But it WILL have "bug fixes" released.

People that think their phone has no problems so no other should are just in denial that their beloved smartphones aren't perfect. No smartphone is perfect and while I didn't have any problems updating, I've never heard of any phone that didn't have users with issues and legitimate bugs or software reactions after a system update. It's just reality that this happens..................

Posted via Android Central App

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
If like to give a quick shout-out to still1 for pointing this thread out to me. I've been so preoccupied with a complete and total lack of issues with 4.3 on my Nexus 4 that I completely overlooked this thread. I've been busy pulling out what little hair I have (see avatar for reference) and I'm sure hopping somebody knows what several of us are doing wrong.

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
If like to give a quick shout-out to still1 for pointing this thread out to me. I've been so preoccupied with a complete and total lack of issues with 4.3 on my Nexus 4 that I completely overlooked this thread. I've been busy pulling out what little hair I have (see avatar for reference) and I'm sure hopping somebody knows what several of us are doing wrong.

No one is doing anything wrong. Some people are of course, there are always some people doing things wrong. But why don't people understand that there are legitimate issue after updating? For me, after 4.3 I had really bad deep sleep times affecting battery life. The "nlpcollectorwakelock" process was keeping the phone from going into deep sleep 100% of the time. Why? For me the problem was Google Now excessively using Google's own location reporting service in Google settings. What did I do wrong? Turn on Google Now? I've since turned it off and my phone enters deep sleep 85% of the time on standby which is considered normal. I was losing 6% on standby before now i only lose 1-2%. What can I say? This is a legitimate issue and since 4.3 there are actually a couple threads started with wake lock issues where i chimed in with what was affecting me (i used wake lock detector app to point me in the right direction) and what I did that solved it. That's what forums are for, and it's threads like this that quite simply don't deserve to exist in this community. People seek help with legitimate issues and your only response is the Apple-esque statement saying "you're doing something wrong".

How pathetic.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No one is doing anything wrong. Some people are of course, there are always some people doing things wrong. But why don't people understand that there are legitimate issue after updating? For me, after 4.3 I had really bad deep sleep times affecting battery life. The "nlpcollectorwakelock" process was keeping the phone from going into deep sleep 100% of the time. Why? For me the problem was Google Now excessively using Google's own location reporting service in Google settings. What did I do wrong? Turn on Google Now? I've since turned it off and my phone enters deep sleep 85% of the time on standby which is considered normal. I was losing 6% on standby before now i only lose 1-2%. What can I say? This is a legitimate issue and since 4.3 there are actually a couple threads started with wake lock issues where i chimed in with what was affecting me (i used wake lock detector app to point me in the right direction) and what I did that solved it. That's what forums are for, and it's threads like this that quite simply don't deserve to exist in this community. People seek help with legitimate issues and your only response is the Apple-esque statement saying "you're doing something wrong".

How pathetic.

Calm down. This thread is sort of fresh air with all the threads about problems with 4.3. For regular visitors to these forums it can get a bit depressing with a million threads with "Android 4.3 did this and that to my phone". Its actually nice knowing people have had a smooth update and very few problems. Also, there is a lot of banter which goes on around these forums which keeps things nice and not so serious. The frequent visitors are also usually the ones that are most likely to reply to a problem in a thread and help a person out.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is complaining about the 4.3 update! I am not even getting one single WiFi connectivity issue! Oh my god, did anyone else also not have a battery drain issue?! Cuz I am not having one, my Camera works perfectly! None of the apps I've installed have been screwing things up, NETFLIX has been perfect :(((

Is there a way to make my Nexus 4 like everyone elses?! I dont wana feel left out :'(

If you hate it, send it to me. PM me for my address, i'll be waiting.:p

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I will chime in even though I don't have a Nexus 4. The 4.3 Update on my GPE ONE has been perfect! Not a single problem. It runs like a dream:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital