I have a LG vs840 and it won’t boot.

Yelow

Jun 27, 2024
Visit site
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSo my grandad gave me a LG Lucid vs840, and when I turn it on it goes to the lg screen and the 4g lte screen by version screen and then it bootloops. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a specific reason you want to use this phone beyond sentimental value? Because even if you can figure this out, that phone is over a decade old, long past getting any sort of security or OS updates, and so low spec that it will have trouble running any modem app (assuming the app runs at all on it). About all this would be good for if you got it working again would be as an emergency 911 only phone that holds zero personal data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Mooncatt. It might be a faulty motherboard or corrupt firmware. Either way, it's not going to be worth the effort to try to fix.

ocker

Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
You are not alone. My V40 died 2 days ago in the same way. It locked up and went black. I did a force reboot with the volume down and power but nothing. I know the force reboot works because with my headphones in I can hear a click after 14 seconds. But nothing and no vibrate so I think it's dead. Currently using my V20 and looking to buy a V60

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jediknight70