I have a Moto G (2015)..It only can be charged with one particular microusb cable. Is anybody else having this problem

pdemedina

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Moto G (2015)...It only can be charged with one particular microusb cable.

I have more cables that can be used with other devices with no problem, but they do not work with the moto G, I think is the connector, is somebody else suffering this?

QwarkDreams

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have a Moto G (2015)...It only can be charged with one particular microusb cable.

I'm using many different USB cables (the one that came with the Moto G, one from my old Lumia, one from my Kindle and a ****ty Samsung one) and don't have problems with any of them. Did you plug them in all the way? I noticed that sometimes I think it's properly plugged in when it is really connected at an angle with one of the little hooks on the underside of the connector not being locked in place.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a Moto G (2015)...It only can be charged with one particular microusb cable.

I use a wide variety of USB cables with my Moto G, never had any issues at all connecting to it or making a good connection.

Unless it has taken some abuse, the USB connector on your phone likely isn't bad. The more likely thing here is you had a device with a bad or worn port and it wore/damaged all your cables so they don't work in a standard device... but I am just guessing.

pdemedina

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Maybe...but I can use the rest of the cables with different devices (samsung note 10.1 2014, hudl, charger of LG smartwath) with no problem...

QwarkDreams

May 19, 2014
Visit site
How are you charging your Moto G? Via power outlet? Via PC?
I'm asking because I noticed that when I charge it with my PC I have to unlock it before it starts charging. But when I'm at work and plug it into a power outlet it immediately start charging.

QwarkDreams

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried unlocking it and maybe pulling down the notification bar to select charging?

I just tried it again with my Moto G and when I plug it into my laptop (USB 2.0) I have to unlock it first before it starts charging. On my PC when I plug it into my keyboard (USB passhtrough) it displays that it's charging without me having to unlock it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paknbast