I have an early upgrade on one of my lines. Am I able to switch it to another line?

DerekkkA

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
All the lines are on the same "everything plan". Can't I switch the upgrade to my other line?

Here's what Verizon told me:

"since the system is offering you to upgrade line 6898, you do have the option of upgrading early, however, the system may not allow you to switch it to the other line because it is a special offer. So what you can do is do the early upgrade on the line that is available for it, and then activate it on the 2043 line."

I don't want my 6898 line to be messed with. When I receive the phone, can I just activate the new phone on my 2043 line?

Then Verizon told me this, but they were very hesitant, is this correct? :

"No it will not deactivate that line. So when you do the upgrade on that line, you can keep the same phone on that line, activate the new phone on the 2043 line. the 6898 line will have the new 2 year contract, and when 2043 is eligible for an upgrade the 6898 line can use that one."

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to transfer the upgrade online. The phone can be activated directly on the other line,no need to touch the line that donated the upgrade.

Keep in mind that the line where the upgrade came from would not be eligible for the $15/25 discount on the MEP while it is under the 2 year contract

DerekkkA

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not seeing where I can transfer the upgrade online. I called Verizon and the phone representative was useless. The chat representative only did as much as I added in my original post.'

EDIT: Is this because its an early upgrade eligibility to one of my lines? The transfer upgrade option is not there. Yet it says "upgrade available".

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely a promotional thing. It says for select devices and pricing so not a standard early upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm