I have bad feeling about Tbolt release date..

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sites like Android Central and others are usually on top of rumor dates/info. The fact that we haven't seen anything and it's already Feb 17, i don't think TBolt will be released on 24th. I don't even think it will be early March. Think about it, if they were to release it on 24th, there has to be many many people (shipper, store managers, VZ people working on the process etc..) already know about it.

I feel it will be mid to late March at best.

oh well, I will have to get Atrix soon.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sites like Android Central and others are usually on top of rumor dates/info. The fact that we haven't seen anything and it's already Feb 17, i don't think TBolt will be released on 24th. I don't even think it will be early March. Think about it, if they were to release it on 24th, there has to be many many people (shipper, store managers, VZ people working on the process etc..) already know about it.

I feel it will be mid to late March at best.

oh well, I will have to get Atrix soon.

I think your logic about so many people knowing and needing to know is probably not accurate... but I do agree that the date looks unlikely. Remember, it's just a device they have to ship and activations they have to put into an existing supply chain and system.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think your logic about so many people knowing and needing to know is probably not accurate... but I do agree that the date looks unlikely. Remember, it's just a device they have to ship and activations they have to put into an existing supply chain and system.

I agree. All the shipper will see are big brown cardboard boxes that say different Verizon and Best Buy addresses. That's not exactly a big deal to the people that do the shipping as they see it every single day.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
This forum is filled with negative notions that take credibility away from less than credible release dates. But the ruler here is VZW, and I've only seen two areas of credibility there - bmx, who has been ambiguous at best, and phil, who said the 24th and nothing more. So many have spun their hopes into such a tailspin by believing these non-credible rumors that they've basically said they're going to jump off a bridge before the only credible VZW launch date we've heard thus far.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How many threads you gonna make that just essentially say the same thing over & over ?

Go get the Atrix. Good riddance.
Good point. pretty sure these threads could probably be combined into one. And could prolly go in the "release date is the 24th" one..

How many people already gave up on Thunderbolt
Is that just me or Verizon is playing games?
Can someone Call Verizon Customer Service to find out TBolt Launch Date?
Atris and skype
I need Plan B for Thunderbolt
I am glad Thunderbolt is not out yet, Look at this one..
HTC Thunderbolt Prdictions
HTC Thunderbolt and 4G Maps

rigorx is right. just get an atrix and get it over with. its out tuesday.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If the photos of the best buy stock screen is correct and they will have them on hand on the 21st... then the 24th is highly probable. Verizon is not required to announce a phone x number of days in advance. They don't even have to advertise it if they don't want to. Wait a minute... aren't comercials popping up? I know I saw a 2 page ad on the inside cover of my Entertainment Weekly... IT"S COMING SOON!!!

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Good point. pretty sure these threads could probably be combined into one. And could prolly go in the "release date is the 24th" one..

Atris and skype

Wow... it's actually a few more threads then I realized. Thanks for the backing brum :)

MODS: Perhaps this forum should be flushed of all the release date threads once this device is out. It has done nothing but make this forum a huge ranting mess.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a Guy on Verizon Wireless Facebook page who has some friends who work for Verizon and he's saying that there system is showing huge shipments of TB's arriving on the 23'd so like the rest of everyone. We are all just playing the waiting game.

Verizon, has done a pretty good job of Marketing and selling its products and have learned from its mistakes so they will announce it when they are ready to announce it....Either you want the phone or you dont its SIMPLE!

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: delynnie

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
"Correct" is a strong word, especially considering there is only one unsourced rumor stating this

Meanwhile, a Verizon employee just leaked this invoice screenshot showing the stores will have them in stock on the 23rd and further states that this means they will be able to sell them on the 24th:

Android Forums - View Single Post - 2-24-11 release date

I hope Verizon employee is correct, hopefully we will here more about it.

What I don't get is why such a secret? AT&T doesn't seem to do that.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So we can count on you to keep your word and go get an Atrix now? Let those of us that have more patience look forward to the release of the Thunderbolt. Take your negative feelings over to the Atrix forums.

lol.. I am going to the store on Tuesday to check out Atrix.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
lol.. I am going to the store on Tuesday to check out Atrix.

Thank you. And please quit creating redundant, negative threads regarding the release date as referenced in this post earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted by brum08

Atris and skype

There are several stickies concerning the release date. All you are doing is littering the Thunderbolt forum with threads that have content that should be in the threads that are stickied that have to do with the release date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1